is testicular atrophy reversible?

Sor far I have been reading that once testicles are atrophied will not come back. What do you make of the following.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16443591
Abstract
A 47-year old man attending at an in vitro fertilization clinic for infertility was diagnosed with congenital idiopathic hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism. No palpable testes and no spermatozoa in the ejaculate were found. Endocrinologically serum FSH, LH and testosterone was undetectable. A retroperitoneal magnetic resonance imaging confirmed the testicular absence. rFSH/hCG treatment was initiated. At four months almond-sized testes had developed and puncture with testicular sperm extraction (TESE) showed occasional immobile spermatozoa. Six months after initiation of treatment occasional mobile spermatozoa in semen were successfully used for intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) and one oocyte was fertilized and transferred. After 12 months sperm count revealed 10(5) mobile spermatozoa and three oocytes were fertilized. The embryo transfers did not result in a clinical pregnancy. As far as we know, this is the first time that objectively diagnosed testes atrophy could be successfully treated with FSH/hCG

Solonjk,

testo will shrink your nuts. This has been posted dozens of times. HCG injections will bring your nuts back to a healthy size. I can’t believe a doctor gave you a script for Testo cream and didn’t tell you this.

1 Like

My testicles and penis can go from almost normal to dead in the matter of a day. I had another 3 day temporary recovering episode to a dead shrunken penis along with shrinking balls. This thing is like a monster. My body tries to recover and it keeps coming back at me. I’m pretty much at the acceptance phase now. I am dealing with it like it will always be with me and just take the good days like a grain of salt because I know misery is right around the corner.

1 Like

solonjk

what other symptoms do u have? do you have any bone pain or muscle pain etc.? what is ur T level ?

about
My last choices left are HcG supplementation, and arimidex, also giving quercetin some though.

I think HCG should have been ur first choice. pmgamer has written many times how he got back his balls after using HCG. what r u waiting for ? Seriously if u r in such bad condition why do’nt u try it.

sps

this may answer your questions:

http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3825

Whats the difference between the HCG you buy over the counter (comes in drops) and the shots? Same thing chemically or no?

I bought some HCG drops and will start on it soon.

Regardless of what LH or FSH tests say I think Clomid should be the first line of defense, then followed by hCG. If that doesn’t work you might need testosterone injections in conjuction with taking clomid in hopes it doesn’t shrink your testicles.

Clomid cured me, thanks to clomid my T is too high now.

1 Like

Im taking clomid now but its very low dose. 15 mg time release every 2 days. Maybe that will be enough though to get my Testosterone up in the 1000+ range. I have a feeling alot of us were in the 900-1100 range before Fin.

I do feel a little better since taking Calcium D-Glucarante last fews days. Mood a bit improved, penis doesnt ache constantly. It is supposed to lower estrogen. My e2 was 37 a few weeks ago and I’m sure its been going up along with my Total T.

I believe the clomid would raise e2 since you’re theoretically getting higher Testosterone levels by stimulating LH and FSH. Dr. Shippen has it made at a compounding pharmacy.

I’ve been pretty sick overall last couple of months. Not sure if it was the t3, clomid or somthing else.

Do the (or did the) drops work?

I’ve taken HCG drops (very low dose of HCG) and higher dose of the HCG losenges. Neither provided any benefits.

Has anybody here managed to reverse testicular atrophy ?

1 Like

I am on HcG at the moment and not seeing much gain in testicle size. Granted it has only been about a week but from what I have read our issues with testicle size might be due to lack of DHT rather than test production by the leygid cells.

DHT has been largely discounted as having anything to do with spermatogensis but the proviron study on this site that was posted awhile back states otherwise.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4859&p=48566&hilit=proviron+sperm#p48566

I am curious to see if this may in-fact help me… perhaps a trip south of the border is in store for me.

I’ve been on clomiphene for about the past eight months and I can tell you that it has rebuilt my balls to a significant degree. They are much larger, fuller, and hang down much lower. My testosterone is also up. Be that as it may, i don’t have any spontaneous erections anymore and I still have to work really hard to get one. So even though my testes are bigger now I have even less hope since the big boost in testosterone I got did little to improve my sexual function.

Did your testicles shrink recently or right after coming off?

“Did your testicles shrink recently or right after coming off?”

They don’t seem to have shrunk at all but I am still on a tiny dose (25mg every four days). Soon I’m going to quit the drug completely and have my T levels checked again January 10th. Today I had two decent masturbatory sessions where I had to work my erection up a bit but was able to keep from ejaculating until I wanted to. I think that I will also ask the doc to check several T-derivatives (Estrogen, E2, DHT etc.) to maybe find out why I’m not getting many spontaneous erections. I do have a feeling though that clomiphene could be part of an effective treatment regimen, though the ultimate solution would probably involve putting nondefective DNA into a cold virus and then injecting it into the PFS victim.

1 Like

Is there anyone else who had taken lower doses of clomid for >6 months with permanent testicular volume gains?