Is sodium butyrate an aromatase inhibitor?

These were the only references to “butyrate” I could find in the post-Androgen Deprivation hypothesis paper:

[Concerning substances claimed to have a noteworthy positive or negative effect on this site]
These have included zinc, quercetin, resveratrol, milk thistle, licorice root, turmeric/curcumin, sulforaphane, DIM, sodium butyrate, saw palmetto, tribulus terrestris, polyphenol rich products such as cacao nibs or pomegranate, and soy and soy isoflavones including genistein, all of which are notably antiandrogenic through various mechanisms

Sodium butyrate, a histone deacyletase inhibitor capable of modulating AR expression ​(Paskova et al., 2013)​, showed improvement in motor deficits and histopathological impairment of neurons and muscle within an narrow optimum dose window in transgenic mice ​(Minamiyama, 2004)​.

…and it matches a draft of the paper I had from right before it was published on this site.

Hopefully no one is taking these observations as recommendations?

This is a long shot but try getting a GI Mapping (microbiome assay) from ubiome, vbiom, thryve, etc. I just had mine done and the results were truly eye opening with diet recommendations. There were both overgrowths and undergrowths that I didn’t know about. Fixing the gut with pre and pro biotics alone is like shooting a moving target in the dark.

2 Likes

@doomed80 thanks mate

1 Like

And, to emphasise this in case people get the wrong end of the stick, the quote

Sodium butyrate, a histone deacyletase inhibitor capable of modulating AR expression ​(Paskova et al., 2013)​, showed improvement in motor deficits and histopathological impairment of neurons and muscle within an narrow optimum dose window in transgenic mice ​(Minamiyama, 2004)​.

is in relation to a different disease, SBMA.

It’s stated that some patients have reported symptomatic relief (usually temporarily) or worsening from use of various substances but it shouldn’t be characterised as a list of potential therapeutics, more a list of what patients have tried when self-medicating. The full quote in context is here

Across the history of the propeciahelp forum, the most consequentially profound responses described entail significant modulation of symptoms by further exposure to substances that lower androgens through mechanisms including 5 alpha reductase inhibition, or substances that reduce concentrations of or inhibit AR. While rapid and severe worsening can occur, patients have equally often reported the dramatic return of function in the domains affected by PFS, usually temporarily. These are nearly always taken in the absence of the knowledge they are taking pharmaceuticals or natural extracts with antiandrogenic properties and are frequently sought out based upon their purported benefits in marketing and health editorials concerning relief of symptoms or through online reports from other patients. These have included zinc, quercetin, resveratrol, milk thistle, licorice root, turmeric/curcumin, sulforaphane, DIM, sodium butyrate, saw palmetto, tribulus terrestris, polyphenol rich products such as cacao nibs or pomegranate, and soy and soy isoflavones including genistein, all of which are notably antiandrogenic through various mechanisms

https://www.propeciahelp.com/ar-deregulation-as-a-key-pathological-driver-of-pfs/.

Additionally, the only change to the paper to date was the removal of a line pertaining to post-mortem examination

1 Like

you better not quit man i know its the hardest thing for you but please hold it together

Can I ask what brand you of butyrate you took?

I’m gonna try to eat butter (good source of butyrate) organic or grass feed, already salted or with salt I put on it (sodium) , on daily basis with progressive intake amount loading.

Si basicaly sodium butyrate but from foods.

I’ll keep you updated

Guys I tried sodium butyrate but I didn’t feel good on it so I stopped. It gave me loose stools. Dairy butter contains some butyrate. Low butyrate may not even be your problem. I thought mine was low but after getting tested for microbiome turned out I’ve over abundance of butyrate producing bacteria so getting more isn’t the best idea! Butyrate may be useful for those with too much lactate and low butyrate, not everyone.

OK so I took a lot of butter in a sandwich + salt (from chips and butter) yesterday, masturbation last night was nice, erection was way harder sometimes like it was before pfs.

U know, not diamond but not the “70%” max that quickly fades we usualy get after pfs.

And during the night (slept only 4 hours last night, can’t sleep again after I went to pee, another strange thing as I usually sleep 8-9 hours a night) I got a good erection that lasted some times when I got up to pee (usually its gone the time I sit on the bed, this time.

Today, i ate again butter in a sandwich + chips + croissants (made from butter If I remember well).

And guess what?
Tonight was the best erection I had since 10 months while masturbating.

I mean, It went up with some soft touches even before launching sexual content. When I touched it normally + vidéo it went 100% like pre fin.

No trouble maintening it for 10mn , even with no permanent constant stimulation. And when I ejaculated, my dick stayed hard (70-80%) for like 1 mn. Wtf??

Guys something is happening. This is the first time I have improvements in 10 months, not even one fuckin supplements made something for erection even once.
Not even arginine, citruline. And all this from butter?? Wtf.

4 days ago I took a very low dose tribulus (another brand but already took it early 2020, tribulus fruits too, did nothing good or bad. I took butter without knowing shit about Butyrate ect at the same time.

Got brain fog, fatigue and anxiety 2 jours later that lasted a few days. Got a good nocturnal erection too that night. I thought it was tribulus, but It must be buter as I didnt take anything again since 4 days

SAHA is the hdac inhibitor here?

so its saying SAHA would mess with hormones and affect us negatively?

Hey @Papasmurf have you stabilized since your sodium butyrate side effect?

@andras33 he’s in a bad way mate I don’t think he’s on the forum these days.

Papasmurf how long and at what dose did u take the sodium butyrate?? Hope you have improved!!!

I’ll put this out there right now

Stay the absolute fuck away from this shit

1 Like

Man, what happened?