Is PSSD/PFS a brain damage?

99% of the scans show we have no structural brain damage at all, including mine. Just our nuerosteroids are really fucked up.

3 Likes

Your standard MRI WILL NOT PICK UP BRAIN DAMAGE caused by pharmaceuticals. The majority of TBIā€™s arenā€™t even picked up by an MRI physicians just go off the symptoms. Finasteride does cause brain damage thereā€™s no question about it. fMRI and SPECT scan will pick it up but my advice to anyone getting these tests run donā€™t mention Finasteride for your reasoning to get one; doctors have a way of gaslighting you and will protect the industry they serve. If it comes back you have brain damage you will know what caused it.

2 Likes

Yeah but something like hippocampal atrophy would I think? Also I donā€™t doubt our fmri and spects are messed up. Think 4 ppl have gotten them across all forums. 1 normal and 3 abnormal. But it doesnā€™t show organic brain damage just how the brain is functioning. So lower neurosteroids etc would cause these tests to come back faulty same with androgen receptors etc

4 Likes

The first one is my case. QEEG can show brain function only, but it canā€™t determine the cause i.e. whether it is actual loss of neurons or receptor, neurosteroid dysregulation etc. But function was indeed on level of a severe TBI. Good thing is that in cognition/physical symptoms I improved. PSSD remained yetā€¦

1 Like