Is pregnenolone as effective as cortef? (For low cortisol)

I have low cortisol and want to try something to help, I’m female. I was wondering which of this two medications are more efficient/ safe for increasing cortisol?

Ps. I can’t get cortef pills (I have no prescription) but cream I can

You can actually swallow the cream without any issues, it might be gross tho.

You can order some at alldaychemist I believe it is called Hisone, however it is underdosed. 10mg really is 7.5mg

Pregnenlone is worth a shot to start, I can say that for me it would not have been enough. I don’t know your symptoms or labs, but for me cortef was really the Catalyst that began my “improvements”. I went on and off it a number of times. It does take a few weeks to figure out what the best dosage and timing is for you.

1 Like

thank you for the answer, @moonman1

I may try swallowing it if I can’t get a doctor to prescribe it, since alldaychemist and the other online pharacies don’t ship to my country.

by any means do you know if prednisone or dexamethasone are riskier than hydrocortisone?

did you ever try using douglas pharma hydrocortisone ? i get mine from united pharmacies shipped to the UK . its made in new zealand most of the stuff on alldaychemist is generic from india

Currently using 22.5mg but if underdosrd might bump it up to 25mg

I only ever tried Hisone and prescription. 25mg was a sweet spot for me for a while. There was a time when 30-35mg was too, but never went higher.

@pssdperson prednisone and dexa are a bit diff, I didnt like prednisone, but some have had success with dexa