Is mirtzapine safe for us? will it hinder recovery?

I have been taking 7.5 mg of mirtazapine to help me sleep for the past 8 months (started 2 weeks after my first crash). I have slowly been recovering in some ways with many ups and downs. when I take mirtazapine it seems to lower my anxiety and always makes me very sleepy. My question is will this hinder my recovery? As in is there a specific mechanism that might be hurting me? Ive been taking this since the start when I didn’t know what PFS was so idk how I would feel without it. I have tried buping it up to 15 mg since it helped with seep but stopped after 2 days when extreme anxiety followed.

Some patients have recorded worsenings as a result of mirtazapine. One of our former moderators, @Tzinkman, is now bed-ridden and in a terrible state after using mirtazapine when he first crashed.

Just so you are aware.

2 Likes

Simple questions: will it affect hormone levels? Will it affect 5ar activity?

If the answer is yes, then it could well cause you problems, even if other people say it has helped them.

The simplest way I can explain this is that some people feel better after exercise, some feel worse.

2 Likes

It will kill you, stay away. Never fall for antidepressants.