Is it smart to get a hormone test

I ask cause usually I would have to pay, and it can be expensive. From what I can read is that yall are saying the receptors are not functioning correctly, so it would matter on hormone levels correct?

This question has been asked many times before, please use the search function before starting new threads.

The short answer is no, it is not worth doing a hormonal test, and no you are not correct.

Also, can you understand that when you use the wording “yall are saying” that this sounds patronizing and accusing? Nobody here owes you anything in any capacity. If you want people to respond to you properly I suggest you change your tone.

Yes I would get some tests done

Let’s say for argument you undertook to proceed with some sort of self treatment or treatment under an Endo and things went pear shaped.

Wouldn’t it be good to have a reference point to compare any new tests to?

Also what if something of importance however small was to show up in your tests.

Yes I would get some tests done

Let’s say for argument you undertook to proceed with some sort of self treatment or treatment under an Endo and things went pear shaped.

Wouldn’t it be good to have a reference point to compare any new tests to?

Also what if something of importance however small was to show up in your tests.

There’s no harm in getting a hormonal panel done but it will not be of any real use other than figuring out whether you have some other hormonal problem that needs addressing like perhaps hypothyroidism or something like that.

There is no overlap in PFS patient hormonal panels and no reason to believe this indicates anything of significance related to the condition.

It is completely normal for anyone’s blood hormone levels to fluctuate somewhat, even throughout a single day.
If your hormonal values are not extremely starkly spiking away from the normal ranges then there is no need for concern in any way and it is just really quite pointless to look for connections between every fluctuation over time.

If finances are a concern, I would not bother. Perhaps one blood hormone panel is not a bad thing but it is certainly not a good investment to spend a lot of money multiple times on expensive blood hormone measurements when we simply know at this point that it will not bring real insights.

1 Like

I dont agree with you. It is obviously worth to do hormone panel. My values changed a lot compared to pre-fin lab test. I still dont get why my DHT is over the reference limit >2500 pg/ml and before starting fin it was around 400-500 range. My glucose increased and a lot of other things changed and didnt come back to normal.

1 Like

hormone treatment, specifically testosterone (and others) have hurt PFS victims as increasing androgens tends to aggravate the AR.

you might benefit, have neutral effects, or worst case crash again with even more sides.

if you want to check hormones for the sake of documenting where you’re at, go for it. in terms of treatment, tread lightly please

tbh, “yall are saying” is a normal and common phrase in the USA in many regions. i say it at work to superiors, people i dont know, etc.

“what you’re saying is…” <-----> “yall are saying…”

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Okay, well, I am European, and given this is an international forum and this particular user has been engaging in pretty deliberate contrary/dismissive behavior in previous posts, I assumed differently.

I’m not going to take every dialect in the world into account all the time and assume that some people just talk like they live in a shed that’s about to get flooded by the Mississippi in a Mark Twain novel. Cut me some slack.

Like the place where I’m from also has a pretty crass Dutch dialect but I’m not going to put you guys through the effort of translating that either.

Christ on a stick.