Is biotin safe?

Hi there.

I took for two weeks a hair supplement with natural 5ar inhibitors, until it gave me a gradual loss of libido and finally ED so I quit it. After quitting my libido came back at nearly 80%, but now I have dry, wrinkled and fissured hands. What could I take for them? Maybe a biotin supplement? I have read that biotin is good for both dry skin and sex drive (and for hair too). Is it safe? Has any of you crashed with biotin?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You could help your own cause by providing other members a brief member story, so they can better understand your background.

I don’t recall hearing of biotin making any post-drug patient better or worse in any way, but a quick search for “biotin” may answer your question.

1 Like

Hi there Bio

Apologies here if I’m stating the obvious, but is it possible that the state of your hands could be to do with excessive hand washing just now because of the coronavirus? I know that many people are experiencing dry, cracked hands because of this and personally I’ve experienced a recurrence of eczema on the backs of my hands which is proving difficult to shift. I’m only saying as it may be an aggravating factor. I have been prescribed dermol lotion as a soap substitute and zerobase emollient cream to apply regularly. This kind of approach may help you irrespective of cause as soap may aggravate.

2 Likes