Irreversible MAOIs, anyone tried them and can share?

Hi guys,
I would like to know if anyone has ever tried (at least 2 to 3 months) either one of those following medications: Nardil or Parnate…
I would really appreciate it if anyone can share his experience.
Thx in advance

I have not …but personally I’d avoid MAOIs like the plague !
The risks they have as side effects and interactions even with some foods are mad !

Have you considered TCAs instead ?

It depends on the MAOIs…Reversible MAOI are considered far more safe than any other SSRIs or TCAs…Moclobemide is very well known for its safety, but as with everything in this world, money issues led to it being far less known than SSRIs (At least in the US)…BTW there are no dietary restriction while on it.

Saying this i was actually asking about the more potent irreversible MAOI like (Phenilzine and Tranycypromin)…Yes they have their share of side effects, but to me they are still far more safer than many of the experimental stuff that i tried or that others are trying…To me its about death and life…And i refuse to be buried alive…

So why im asking…simply becuz i dont want to waste time, if many here have tried them and found them ineffective.

1 Like

I see you have researched them and that’s great …I don’t know about them as much as you do but I’m definitely open to using things like this to improve mood (I’m assuming that’s what you want them for )
I know for sure from the minimal knowledge I do have that they interact with pretty much everything so you’d have to watch what over the counter meds you took, vitamins and what you’re eating etc ( perhaps the one u choose doesn’t have the dietary restriction I don’t know ) But this is what I know of MAOIs and why they are rarely given out these days . I know the Libby Zion case of 1984 was to do with an MAOI interacting with something else.

They are old school drugs but I’m sure someone here will have used them and can give you some heads up on how they are .
If it was me I’d stay away from those and maybe go for a TCA , but discussing these things and advice etc is what this forum is all about !
Good luck !:+1:

I have severe pssd for 10 years and used parnate for 4 months, it did not cure me, but it improved my mood, energy, I lived better, I will even take it again, I even had libido when combined with testosterone, I do not know if it was testosterone or the combination though, it takes a long time to take effect and you must increase the dose until you find one that is suitable for you, I even went up to 80 mg, and less than 40 mg did nothing. read that doctor. https://psychotropical.com/maois/

1 Like

Why did you stop at the first place, if you got better?