Interesting website on neurotransmitter products

LINK:

chknutrition.com/Neurotransm … metabolism

They sell neurotransmitter products to healthcare providers. Basically their expertise is balancing serotonin and dopamine levels so there is balance, and one doesnt deplete the other.

How Reuptake Inhibitors Deplete Neurotransmitters
In subjects who are depressed or suffering from disease where neurotransmitter levels are not high enough, synaptic neurotransmitter levels are below the levels needed to prevent disease symptoms.

Serotonin reuptake inhibitors, dopamine reuptake inhibitors, norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, amphetamines, and cocaine block the reuptake of neurotransmitters. This leads to a decrease in presynaptic neurotransmitter levels (where neurotransmitters are safe from enzymatic breakdown). The blocking of neurotransmitter reuptake increases the number of neurotransmitters in the synapse and increases the probability that neurotransmitters will experience enzymatic metabolism.

Overtime, the net effect of enzymatic metabolism is the depletion of neurotransmitter levels in the central nervous system. Neurotransmitters do not cross the blood brain barrier. Therefore, the only way to increase central nervous system levels or to prevent the overall depletion of neurotransmitters is to provide amino acid precursors, which cross the blood brain barrier and are able to be synthesized into neurotransmitters.

Drugs that work with neurotransmitters, do not work if there are not enough neurotransmitters with which to work. Long term use of antidepressants depletes neurotransmitters in most people if proper amino acid precursors are not administered.

Master neurotransmitters (serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine) do not cross the blood brain barrier. The only way to increase central nervous system levels of neurotransmitters is to provide amino acid precursors which cross the blood brain barrier. They will then be synthesized in the brain into neurotransmitters.

If you keep the system topped off with amino acids, will keep things functioning optimally.

This last sentence fmake sense…I know for a fact when I take amino acid products, I feel like I have more energy and vitality…I’ve been taking them on/off but I feel like it should be more consistent.

How this relates to propecia is complex.

Did you ever get your neurotransmitters tested?

Have you ever had neurosteriods tested?

the link you posted does not work

which precursors and cofactors for which neurotransmitters did you take that make you feel better?