Insulin-like growth factor-1

Anyone feeling brave?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18355170

[Size=4]Insulin-like growth factor-1 restores erectile function in aged rats: modulation the integrity of smooth muscle and nitric oxide-cyclic guanosine monophosphate signaling activity.
[/size]
Abstract

INTRODUCTION:

Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) is one of the growth factors that have a wide range of biologic effects. We have confirmed that gene transfer of IGF-1 to the penis could improve erectile capacity. However, there are some limitations in gene therapies, such as toxicity or a risk of insertional mutagenesis. Protein treatment may be another choice for decreasing these risks.

AIM:

To investigate whether intracavernosal injection of IGF-1 protein can restore erectile function in the aging rat.

MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES:

Erectile responses, morphological changes, and nitric oxide-cyclic guanosine monophosphate (NO-cGMP) signaling pathways-related marker were determined.

METHODS:

Ten young (4 months) and 30 old (24 months) Sprague-Dawley male rats were enrolled in this study. The old rats were divided into three groups: vehicle-only (N = 10), IGF-1 1 microg/kg (N = 10) and IGF-1 10 microg/kg treatment group (N = 10). After 4 and 8 weeks of single IGF-1 injection treatment, intracavernous pressure (ICP) responses with electrical stimulation to the cavernous nerve were evaluated. The percent of smooth muscle in corpus cavernosum tissue, the expression of mRNA and protein of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) were also evaluated. The activity of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) and concentration of guanosine 3’,5’-cyclic-monophosphate (cGMP) that act upon the major NO-cGMP signaling pathways in penile tissue were also analyzed.

RESULTS:

After IGF-1 treatment, the ICP responses was significantly increased as the young control group in both the IGF-1 1 microg/kg and the IGF-1 10 microg/kg group compared with the vehicle-only group at 4 and 8 weeks (P < 0.05). Masson’s trichrom staining showed the percentage of cavernosal smooth muscle was increased in IGF-1 treatment group. IGF-1 increased e-NOS expression. NOS activities and cGMP concentrations were also significantly increased in IGF-1 treatment rats.

CONCLUSIONS:

IGF-1 improved erectile function in aged rats via restoration the integrity of smooth muscle of corpus cavernosum and modulation of NO-cGMP pathways.

1 year post crash my natural IGF was 800 (100-500). I don’t suggest you look into IGF too much.

Good find Mario!

This is exactly what we need. A pre-existing medicine that can restore smooth muscle and NO!

And to answer your question - I am brave enough to try this. However I still feel my body is under attack, so for me this is part of the recovery rather than part of the cure. But other than that if I had the hormones I would happily inject.

Funnily enough this was published in ‘The Journal Of Sexual Medicine’, where Dr Irwig’s and Prof Traish’s studies on Finasteride were published. Its owned by Dr Goldstein - maybe he’s up for this treatment?

I’ve had some very high IGF-1 levels too but I think there is some question again of what is a healthy range. ie, current standard ranges might be too low.

Perhaps we need extra igf to restore and/or repair. Certainly worth a try going of the study.

Exactly. This isnt to do with normal circulating levels, its about dosing directly into the penis for rehabilitative puposes. As far as I can tell the rats in this study were not given that much. (I might be wrong here).

~

The rats where given 1 microg/kg and 10 microg/kg over eight weeks (improvements also at 4 weeks). Lets assume the injections were given every day.

175 lb = 80 kg. The Omnitrope HGH pen delivers a maximum single dose of 5.4 mg in increments of 0.1 mg. Therefore for most men its only the smallest possible dosage (0.1mg) that needs to be injected each day and then only up to 5.6 mg over 8 weeks.

~

Yes, i was thinking of this more as a recovery and repair method, after the root cause of this problem was dealt with.

Interestingly, another study showed that intracavernosal injection of growth hormone also was able to repair penile tissue.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022534701624406

GROWTH HORMONE ENHANCES REGENERATION OF NITRIC OXIDE SYNTHASE-CONTAINING PENILE NERVES AFTER CAVERNOUS NERVE NEUROTOMY IN RATS

Conclusions

Our results show that GH injection significantly enhances the regeneration of NOS-containing fibers in the dorsal and intracavernosal nerves after unilateral cavernous nerve injury. We believe that GH administration may present a new and more physiologic approach to the treatment of erectile dysfunction after radical pelvic surgery.

strange…

cancerres.aacrjournals.org/conte … /215.short

why would yours be high if fin made this one go down? could this be part of why we have an adverse effect?

Im getting a huge epiphany which i missed for 5.5 years. I can’t believe why i didn’t find this before and treated myself with HGH or something… my igf-1 levels at the age of 19 were 179 ng\ml. But the average range of it was 400 ng\ml as it shown in this article done on healthy chinese adults. Jesus christ, probably grow less because of this oh my god!

I’ve had 2 IGF1 tests now, both came back normal and high.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! It may be not rational to relieve my heart since my deepest fear was always growing less due to Accutane.
Because, everyone is different and i may really have low levels, or it was just my “normal” levels due to stress and the chance of that particular test day. I did a new bloodwork, let’s see in two days.
Btw, @moonman1, can you give any scientific clues about IGF- 1 and PAS? Is there any chance that it did really somehow lower my igf1 levels permanently since 16 years old? Maybe that was my main problem? Thanks.