Insomnia/Extreme Fatigue

Guys, will I heal from this? I have been off for 6 months. Current symptoms: Exhaustion all the time, heavy eyelids, Insomnia ( toss and turn all night) trembling all day, muscles ache very badly, eyes are watery. What is going on? Is it being off the drug effected my cns? is alcohol bad while in propecia withdrawal? I’m very confused and frustrated.

I have found that a small dosage of melatonin helps me sleep really well, the loss of sleep is probably due to a myriad of factors (stress, anxiety over impotence etc) and this has really helped me to cope with these issues, ive been off proscar for 2 months now and whats hitting me is significant shrinkage - has anyone else had this ???

1 Like

Sorry, man, but if taking melatonin is enough to make you sleep, you probably don’t have finasteride insomnia.

Yeah good point but might be worth a try anyway

I can take a whole bottle of melatonin and get zero sleep. I take ambian cr and it’s working for now.

Is this exhaustion from stopping Finasteride? I’m 6 months off, will it ever go away.

safcchris, I hope I didn’t come off as an asshole. Was very tired when I posted the comment and it was not the best way to put it. Anyway, my apologies.

No probs !!

I’m almost 6 months off of Finasteride. I don’t have an sexual side effects but every day I wake up I’m shaky, exhausted, I break out into cold sweats with simple exersion. I feel so weak like I could fall over. Is this from the drug? When will it stop!? need your help guys. Is this Normal?

I’m soo weak and exhausted, shaky all the time. I’m almost 7 months off finasteride. Is this normal!? Been tested for everything!!! Is it my GABA receptors repairing??? My eyelids are soo heavy and tired.

If it’s just gaba receptors, it could take a couple years. No one knows what this shit drug really does to people so it’s anyone’s guess.

HI zwin312,

I had similar symptoms but have recovered energy and am my old self now. Sexual sides remain, but I’ve had enough fluctuations (and mini recoveries) to believe that this will be treatable once we know more from scientific studies.

I think many people have found that the symptoms of fatigue do get better, so don’t lose hope.

Davey

1 Like

How long did it take before the exhaustion shaking and feel weak got better?

I know how you feel. You keep asking because you looking for an answer you can accept. Hope. If this is your only issue you may get better. No one here knows for sure.

I’ve been off of fin for 8 months now and I’m still weak, shaky and exhausted 24/7. I also sweat from my forehead upon light exertion. How long does it take to get energy again and to not feel so weak and exhausted? Been a while and I feel stuck in a prison.

Current symptoms: shaky, achy, fiber myalgia, exhaustion. These symptoms are 24/7. I’m coming up on 8 months off propecia. Are these symptoms normal?

YES! Extreme fatigue. Might go away, might not. Are you sure you don’t have any other issues?

Been tested for everything and comes back normal. Why do I have exhaustion and achy flu feelin everyday?

i had that achey flu feeling you mention for the first year,it comes back sometimes for a little bit,like last weekend i done a long weights session on the sunday and felt good,tried some arparagus for the first time that night and woke up the next day with swollen glands in my neck and extreme fatigue for the next seven days,crazy,was it working out too hard or was it the asparagus i wonder…

Since Propecia works on Gaba receptors like Benzodiazipines I was told I should be drinking alcohol in order to Heal the receptors? What is driving me nuts is that every morning is the same! I wake up, I’m shaky, weak, chills, achy, muscles ache badly, blurry vision and complete exhaustion! I need my life back. I don’t have any sexual symptoms at all.