Inhibit or promote 5AR?

in PAS, do we want to inhibit 5AR or promote it? I am a bodybuilder and i took creatine all the way through my accutane course. My libido is down the drain along with erectile issues. There are multiple ways to increase 5AR, taking creatine, taking boron, tribulus, etc.

I’ll take promote for 500

Research bloom’s topic about pfs on raypeat forum. Think he posted it here as well. He talks about 5ar1

I may take some flack for this, but I don’t think it is a 5AR problem at all. Yes, we took a 5AR inhibitor that initially brought our DHT levels down, but since that time my DHT levels have been good. The first time I got mine checked is was an 18 with normal being 16-79. Yes, it was the low side of normal, but still in the green. I made an appointment with an Endocrinologist which was 3 months out. During that time, I looked up natural ways to raise DHT and found a food that you could eat that raise 5AR activity. I did this for the time waiting on the appointment and when I went, they rechecked my DHT and it was 26. Raised 8 points and guess what? Sex drive was worse. My theory was and is that our bodies are like a car engine and our androgens are like the fuel. Break one or more parts on that engine and it doesn’t run right. Adding more fuel to the intake isn’t going to fix it. It’s going to make it run worse, which is why the sexual dysfunction gets worse.

1 Like