IMPORTANT POLL: Scientist questions link to cancer - PLEASE RESPOND

Its odd. All the people I just listed were my grandmothers kids and sister etc. … she was healthy as can be. She lived to 102 and never had a real problem. She actually died because she had a very minor stroke and went to the hospital to get checked, and she did not want the people touching her and she was a bit defient, so they loaded her up with a drug called adavant (i think thats thats how u spell it) and she never woke up again. She starved to death after seven days. She was so, so healthy but almost everyone else around her got cancer.

My dad is in remission for throat cancer and I believe my uncle (mom’s brother) had thyroid cancer because I know his thyroid was giving him trouble and he had it removed. My grandma (maternal) also had trouble with her thyroid and had it (or part of it) removed also but I don’t believe hers was cancer-related. I know something was up with my mom’s uterus because she had a hysterectomy so she may have had cancer there but I don’t believe so. That’s everyone in my immediate family.

this question scares me a bit.

so if we r prone to cancer we r also for pfs?

I would certainly hold off on attempting to draw that conclusion. We don’t really know what was the thought process of the researcher who originally was curious about the relationship between cancer and PFS. Also, most people have some kind of cancer in the family line which is consistent with the results of this poll. In fact, it seems surprisingly low to me that only ~63% of respondents answered affirmatively. However the poll used far from scientific methods.

Yes, my mother had breast cancer (non hormone-induced kind), as well as a pituitary tumor. Nothing else, but a lot of heart disease on both sides.

I have been hit very badly by SP as every body knows but no cancer in either side of my mom or dad. As far as I know there has been no death from cancer in my immediate or extended family. Breast cancer is very common here in North America, isn’t it mostly caused by environmental chemical?

Mum had brain cancer.

No cancer in my family.

Well my aunt just got diagnosed with lympnode cancer so I need to change my answer. I am wondering if PFS lowers are risk of cancer any thoughts?

Noone in my family has had cancer.

Yes

Mother died from breast cancer and my grandfather on my dads side had prostate cancer

My aunt had breast cancer and eventually died from it, but none of my parents or grandparents had it.

Noone at all.

My grandmother on my mums side died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 72.

I wonder if the scientists involved now still believe that this is involved in PFS? I Had testicular cancer in 2001 and most of my family died from cancer…