Immune or at risk against Coronavirus?

Hopefully someone smarter can separate the wheat from the chaff here.

What I’m seeing is if post finasteride use elevates interleukin 6 in our bodies as an animal study has shown that to be the case at least in the kidney, then that’s not good news for us.

Actemra (tocilizumab) – an interleukin-6 inhibitor – can be used to treat patients infected with the new coronavirus:

However neutrophilia is also associated with death from covid-19 according to this study. Luckily for us, post finasteride use is associated with decreased neutrophil infiltration of the lungs.

1 Like

I am home sick with something. I don’t know what it is because a senior government executive really fucked up the testing and I can’t get tested. But I can at least say with PFS I am not immune to whatever it is that I have. What I have is mild and not serious, at least for now. The vast majority of people on here are people in their 20s and 30s who have really high recovery rates well north of 99%.

Here is my survival advice. Do your best to not get the virus. If you get it, there is an overwhelming chance it will be fine for you, but not a guarantee. It is very important to pull yourself out of society until you recover to protect the more vulnerable members of our society. Get a few masks to wear if you get sick and absolutely have to leave. Stock up on a couple weeks of food before you get isolated because you might get stuck. Online grocery deliveries are very delayed and next day deliveries may now take 5 days. If you are in a jam, Seamless is still working for now. That’s basically what you need to know about this. Self isolation is boring so plan some things to do if you get stuck.

Are your PFS symptoms any different?

LOL, no, unfortunately not because I’m very bored here

1 Like

just to inform people. Coronavirus isn’t something new this virus existed for very long time. in life everyone had corona virus at least once in there life. The average flue that we got in our life was likely coronavirus.

This one is different little bit. it has no vaccine and for that reason that is why it is 10 times dangers as average flue.

keep in mind it is dangers not because it is deadlier, it is deadlier because we don’t have vaccine for it and people with asthma and underline conditions. alarm is because it is a new virus and it is highly cottages. Risks to people are is about same if you think about it.
This is my belief and what I have read and seen.
Keep in mind 81% of the people have very mild symptoms when they get new coronavirus only 19% are the once that you see on the news.
I work with lot of professors and doctors and everyone tells me that is just panic and hysteria.

wash your hands, don’t touch your face and you will be fine.

don’t worry to much people. we survived PFS Shit will be okay.

1 Like

SARS caused testicular damage. SARS 2 may very well do the same.
The UK is using eugenics to deal with this global pandemic. Shit is beyond fucked.

1 Like

Every person, regardless of whether they have PFS or not, should be following the advice of the World Health Organisation and various national governments in limiting social contact as much as possible and practising good hand washing hygiene, not touching your face etc. However, these articles suggest Covid-19 could theoretically damage the testicles

…medics in Wuhan have suggested the likelihood that the disease can affect the production of sperm and the formation of male sex hormones.

Yes it’s the Daily Mail but still, I think if anyone here with PFS thinks that they’re otherwise young and without a listed pre-existing health condition and therefore this virus isn’t a severe danger to them, we don’t know how this could interact with our already apparently damaged endocrine systems. Personally, I’m taking the utmost caution and staying at home more than I already was anyway.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I have it as well. Dry cough, headache, chills for the past two days. Two people I’ve been in close contact with are showing similar symptoms. Haven’t had any cold/flu since pfs for the past year.

SARS-Cov-2 susceptibility likely to be androgen mediated! https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(20)30608-3/pdf

Less risk I would say. According to the article, the AR activated. In PFS the AR is upregulated, but probably there is also less DHT at the tissue level available. That would mean less activation of the AR and less susceptibility.

In fact my flatmate can back from skiing and had himself infected with COVID. We shared the kitchen and bathroom and talked a few times. As I had no clue that he has COVID, I didn’t protect myself for more than 10 days. I didn’t show any symptoms, so either it is not very transmittable by rooms and surfaces or guys with PFS have probably less susceptibility.
I also found myself to have fewer infections than before Finasteride (apart from some bacterial infections once in a while).

Last comment: I think we should urgently think about how to use the situation to our advantage and get researchers interested in how COVID susceptibility is among PFS victims. This could open a window into free funded research and lead to more awareness and interest among the research community.

Looking at one possible aspect of this.
You can see a type of broad inflammatory balance based on scfa ratios.
I believe this can be manipulated.

Elevated Gut Microbiome-Derived Propionate Levels Are Associated With Reduced Sterile Lung Inflammation and Bacterial Immunity in Mice.

Short-chain fatty acids (SCFA) are important dietary and microbiome metabolites that can have roles in gut immunity as well as further afield. We previously observed that gut microbiome alteration via antibiotics led to attenuated lung inflammatory responses. The rationale for this study was to identify gut microbiome factors that regulate lung immune homeostasis. We first investigated key factors within mouse colonic lumen filtrates (CLF) which could elicit direct inflammatory effects in vitro . We identified lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and SCFAs as key CLF ingredients whose levels and inflammatory capacity changed after antibiotic exposure in mice. Specifically, the SCFA propionate appeared to be a key regulator of LPS responses in vitro . Elevated propionate: acetate ratios, as seen in CLF after antibiotic exposure, strongly blunted inflammatory responses in vitro . In vivo , exposure of lungs to high dose propionate, to mimic how prior antibiotic exposure changed SCFA levels, resulted in diminished immune containment of Staphylococcus aureus pneumonia. Finally, we discovered an enrichment of propionate-producing gut bacteria in mice with reduced lung inflammation following lung ischemia reperfusion injury in vivo . Overall, our data show that propionate levels can distinctly modulate lung immune responses in vitro and in vivo and that gut microbiome increased production of propionate is associated with reduced lung inflammation.

Take this with a pinch of salt perhaps but this letter to a London newspaper says that low vitamin D may be a problem with regard to Covid-19. Of course many people here have low vitamin D. Do not start supplementing high doses - this has caused problems. As always, the best thing to do is to not contract Coronavirus, so the wisest course of action is to keep yourself safe and at a distance.

2 Likes

Probably not immune. A fever can kill you if it gets too high so not getting fevers is an advantage in that way but the virus goes after your lungs and breathing. If you’re old, fat, or a race that’s more susceptible then the virus could kill you whether you have PFS or not.

What about the third response?
We obviously are aware of an overreaction to the virus or cytokine storm that can become a serious threat to some.
We also know about the many that catch the virus that dont even know they have it and never develop symptoms so in turn pass it on to others.

What about the people that catch the virus that will develop wide ranging symptoms, but arent capable of mounting a strong immune response right from the start?
How would that play out and what would that look like?

A person with compromised immunity is more at risk for infection because their immune system may not mount the usual obvious reactions to threats, such as a fever.
This can lead to infections being missed early on and allow them to become more deeply seated in the body before a person realizes there is a need to seek help.

“When the immune system isn’t working at full capacity, it doesn’t have the army of immune cells and mediators ready to mount a defense at the first sign of attack”

Id maybe keep in mind this third type of response, or the insufficient one.

Low testosterone levels predict clinical adverse outcomes in SARS‐CoV‐2 pneumonia patients

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/andr.12821

Ive tested positive for covid. No symptoms yet but sister sick.

All the best to both of you. Take care of yourselves

1 Like