I'm in panic! Please help

Hello I’m a 21 year old male and I have been taking finasteride for 2 and a half weeks now. I started using 0.5 mg at first because I sas afraid of side effects. They unfortunateley came when about 1.5 weeks into my treatment I started developing gynocomastia and extreme moods swings. Libido was fine but noticed that my penis felt different + orgasms felt less intense. I decided to drop to .25 mg and the mental sides aswell as gynocomastia (brest swelling) went away. 2 days into 0.25 mg had something extreme happen. I layed on my stomach when it suddenly felt like I had an orgasm out of nowhere. The feeling of an weak orgasm held on for about 30-40 mins until it went away. I couldnt feel my penis during that time and it was cold. It’s been 3 hrs now and its slightly better although I still feel disconnected with my penis. Any help would be appreciated as I’m in panic all day.

You need to stop taking finasteride all together, eat healthy and get plenty of sleep and hope you’re lucky enough to recover. It might take a few months but you have a good chance at recovery if you stop taking finasteride

1 Like

Thank you for the response. I definetely wont take any more of those pills. Its been a few hours an my penis feels sensetive to a touch again but still far from normal. I hope you are doing well !

Stop the fin, four pills ruined my life.

Lowering your dose is going to be just as bad just stop taking that poison all together and with time you should recover.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I wanted to lower the dose to ease myself off of the drug because I heard stopping cold turkey can cause a crash.

Update:
Its the next morning and I CAN feel my penis again and get about 75% of an erection. I’m happy for the fact that it got better but I know it can worsen anytime. Im now off propecia. Thanks guys

1 Like

Weirdly enough, my libido never wen away. If anything it was elevated.

You should be okay but please promise you’ll never take that again man don’t worry about your hair it’s clearly not worth it.