Ihatepropecia1's brain fog discussion

In this year since you got PFS, have you been exercising?

Therapeutic?? From where lake?

Hey buddy have you thought about skipping the mcat for another year and reapplying next year, instead of stressing yourself out? Im an md student and know how stressful getting in can be!

STOP taking all supplements and avoid any 5AR foods, shampoos, skin products etcā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t want to skip a year because of finasteride. Right now thatā€™s my only problem. I am an amazing studies but the brain fog is killing me

Well sage 217 might help us

Some people have taken stuff like baclofen and zoloft and it has helped them with brain fog, insomnia, and blunting

I donā€™t want to touch those things cause thereā€™s a chance it will mess me up more and or give me other problems so Iā€™ll just wait

1 Like

Yeah I understand it sucks to put things on hold but if youā€™re seriously feeling suicidal the best course of action is addressing your health and learning to cope with your situation first and foremost, just my 2 cents.

Iā€™m only suicidal because of the brain fog, if I can fix it or if it goes away Iā€™ll be so much happier

Yes that may be true but the fact is you have just came of and technically still on (given how long finasteride effects can linger in the system) a hormone altering drug that youā€™ve had an adverse reaction too. There is likely no easy quick solution to your problem, your best course of action is to just watch and wait. Everyone here understands the urge to improve your situation immediately by trying x, y or z. The good news is youā€™ve only just came off finasteride and chances are you will be ok. Improvements will hopefully come over the course of weeks or months as others have said, please donā€™t make any poor decisions in the mean time. Best of luck mate.

I donā€™t know if I can just stand by when Iā€™m not able to do work. Iā€™m still a student and have courses to complete I think I have to see a doctor and do something. I have no other choice

6 days. A year.

I remember the first two days I took finasteride I had horrible ED and brain fog but everyone I talked to said push through, so being an idiot I did just that. After pushing through for two months I woke up one morning and boom the brain fog hit so hard I felt retarded. IT has yet to get better after 2 full days off the pill and I am starting to believe it never will. The first time I had brain fog it went away within a few hours, if it was going to go away I believe it would have already. How many people here are dealing with long term brain fog?

I am trying to go to medical school and this is fucking destroying me. I already had to drop one of my classes and can barely function.

1 Like

Hold on bro, it took me months to get the brain fog to go away, i still have a very feint feeling lingering, but itā€™s slowly subsiding, very slowly. I know youā€™re in an extremely stressful period right now with your exams and what not, but itā€™ll pass, just takes time

1 Like

Do you also have pressure in the head?

Iā€™ve had constant brain fog and pressure behind the eyes, nose, forehead, cheeks (sinus area), and sometimes in the back of my head for 4.5 years now.

Thanks man I fucking hope so. Right now I see no end

Yup spot on.

Will it really take months? I donā€™t have months :frowning:

Yeah it took me 6 months, although I still have a slight sense of confusion or zoning out occasionally, Itā€™ll take some time man, but youā€™ll be fine. Just donā€™t experiment and donā€™t go crazy like people on this site.

Did you do anything to help it?

Check out modafinil bud. Research it. Ask your doc about it. I have pfs and it helps very much for me. If you want a place to start find Dave asprey modafinil on YouTube.

1 Like