If you want to spread the word a little

We have a Twitter account that we’re starting to use after a long hibernation!

This tweet:

Could do with some amplification, so if you have access to a Twitter account, please feel free to retweet it to your audience. More views, more surveys, more data, more insights, more research, more therapies.

11 Likes

Awesomely done Greek. I’ll post this to some of the reclusive facebook pfs and pas groups.

1 Like

@Greek, you’re a gem.

2 Likes

This is awesome! Social Media presence can take any business or campaign to another level. Does anyone know how to make a Twitter bot? I’m messing around with making one on cloud 9, but I’m a complete noob in that realm. Ideally, it would compile PFS tweets and retweet them, along with making PFS related tweets.

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan.

Is there any risk of loss of PR credibility if we get busted/accused of spamming tweets though, or am I misunderstanding?

1 Like

I personally think we could run a second account for bot generated content and use the existing one as an outreach tool, etc.

3 Likes

Ideally, the bot would compile PFS, accutane, finasteride, and SSRI tweets related to side effects and retweet them. It wouldn’t just be pumping out spam like “finasteride is bad” because as you said that’d be bad for our image and message. I’m completely committed to pumping out true stories and science.

It’d be nice to see how real humans tweet about their experiences with these drugs and see all of this in one account - that’d be my goal :slight_smile: give me some weeks with cloud 9 and I’ll see what I come up with haha!

2 Likes

Cool. I see what you mean. I mistakenly thought they might be fake profiles which tweeted pro-anti-finasteride rhetoric.

That would be exceptionally useful if would tweet member stories or similar.

1 Like

a challenge with the Twitter bot reposting stories is I haven’t found many users posting about PFS. I think people like to remain anonymous because men face stigma and embarrassment when you say your manhood isn’t working…

@greek We already have a doctor, MD. Rachel S. Rubin, commending the propeciahelp account on our work. She says more research is needed. Maybe we can reach out to her! She’s previously posted about PFS and PSSD, and how she sees the conditions all the time and their challenging treatment. She’s a sex medicine doctor with a residency in urology. Nice work!

Here is an example of her talking about PFS. She’s very active on Twitter.

1 Like

I’ve already been in contact with her through DMs. As a result of my interaction, she retweeted us earlier today. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Greek there are “alternative health” twitter accounts with massive followings that you can tweet and talk to. it would be worth reaching out to these guys as many of them are doctors and phd’s who are more open to taking us seriously.

some of these guys are people like @mangan150 @trtexpert @caloriesproper and the people they engage with (check out who they interact with/are following, etc)

i believer @calories proper has a patreon option where he will tweet your research articles

1 Like