I wonder Pfs for women

Can finasteride give pfs to women ? Because accutane give pas women. I wonder,can 5a inhibitors(fin,saw palmetto) give pfs to women ?

1 Like

Yes it does, and it has. They are starting to prescribe Finasteride a lot to women now and the PFS cases among women are climbing.

1 Like

really ? why prescribe fin to women ?

Hairloss.

What I always wondered about and posted before in another thread, is why don’t more transgender (M to F) women show up here?

Theres probably hundreds of thousands globally who take very potent anti-androgens. I think someone said that some of the things we hate (losing morning wood and penis sensation) they actually will love, but still, you’d think that some would end up here, but maybe fin is just a different beast from other stuff…

Here’s a comment from a trans member of this forum although there aren’t many trans members here:

"Im transgender and I was on an anti androgen and estrogen for almost a year before I took fin. Up until that point i always had a very positive mood, I had no brain fog or anything of the sort, and I actually had a sex drive and enjoyed it. After taking finasteride for 10 days in December of 2014 all of this changed and I became severely depressed, obtained massive brain fog, and I lost all enjoyment in sex/masturbation.

Finasteride is in a class of its own. There arent any other drugs that can fuck you up like this one has, at least in my experience."

1 Like

It can happen to women just the same, I know one. I recognize her brain fog symtoms because they’re the same as mine.

I’ve had this exact thought.

There are so many trans who are bombing their systems with all types of hormones, orally, topically, intravenously.

And I realize some of them are impotent, but then you have so many who are completely active downstairs.

It’s infuriating you can inject your body with estrogen and other hormones for years and still be fully active. But we take finasteride for a few weeks and our whole system collapses.

That said, of course, I wish the best for everyone. But, I wonder if there’s any scientific or anecdotal knowledge on that side of the fence that we’re missing out on. I would think there’s much more experience in that world about balancing hormones.

Using the search function on here, you can find a few female PFS patients who used 5ari-class drugs and saw-palmetto and also conversations about (and containing links to) experiences of transgender people taking anti-androgens.

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/search?q=transgender

There is an incredibly high suicide rate among the post-transition trans community, which I would imagine would be often related to the sort of symptoms that drive some of us here to suicide. I imagine they likely congregate in other online forums, though I am surprised we don’t see more among us here.

I think this story is consistent with the numerous others of people using one drug with antiandrogenic action for a time, experiencing no or minor side effects then using another antiandrogen and inducing a severe crash. There are accounts of people on this forum using Finasteride without event then using one pill of an SSRI and crashing. There are another couple of accounts of people using Fin without crashing or experiencing temporary on-drug side effects, quitting then crashing after a single use of MDMA. I expect something similar has happened with Isotretinoin and Finasteride use.

1 Like