I was recovering, but ate salmon and got worse

My penis was finally starting to improve a bit (both in erections, shape and hanging), but I got worse yesterday after eating salmon with capers. After eating this, I started to feel more pain in the pelvic area, mainly at the base of the penis. This was certainly a sign of inflammation.

My tests had already shown my vitamin A to be very high. I wonder if my condition is a vitamin A poisoning. I took Astaxanthin (a strong derivative of vitamin A) and was never the same again. Accutane is also a derivative of vitamin A.

See this: https://eatbeautiful.net/vitamin-a-detox-diet-free-printable-food-lists-avoid-eat-toxicity/

I wrote in December how eating Salmon made my neurological symptoms worse

I had it reiterated to me a few weeks ago when I tried it again. Within 10 minutes of consumption I had strong exacerbation of neurological symptoms. No salmon for me anymore.

1 Like

Is this a possible explanation for PAS (post-accutane syndrome)?
Do people with PFS and PSSD also have high levels of vitamin A?

This explains the vision, neurological and cognitive problems of some sufferers. I am still trying to relate the study to sexual problems.

So are you affected by saw palmetto or astaxanthin?

I took both. I took astaxanthin in high doses. I took Saw Palmetto in very low doses, as it was contained in a multivitamin.

There was a research paper that said that saw palmetto with astaxanthin is almost as effective as finasteride in reducing 5 alpha reductase.

Honestly and without wanting to offend anyone this sounds fucking ridiculous. Messages like this totally detracts from the credibility of the foundation and shows very little respect for those of us who are having a really hard time with very severe symptoms.

I’ve also seen you say you have SPF from multivitamins so I’m guessing you’re a Reedit troll.

6 Likes

Exactly, it is ridiculous. No wonder nobody believes us when there are such stupid posts like getting worse from salmon.

I mean, you felt worse after a certain normal meal one day, then you get better the next day. What does it have to do with PFS? That is how things go. Don’t connect everything with PFS.

Such non-sense posts should not be allowed to be posted by admins.

Imagine, we will have Youtube channel soon. The bravest from us will tell their story publickly on video or write their story and publish it on the new website that is being created…We might get someone’s attention, then the person visits this forum and sees the posts like getting worse from Salmon…Is this how we want to be viewed by the public? Like weird anonymous hypochondriacs who are making up health issues to seek attention? Because this is how I would probably view this community after reading these posts not if I didn’t have PFS myself.

This forum should be much maintained in a completely different way. So many posts should be deleted or not be allowed to be posted in the first place. It is not only a marginal issue, I believe this is seriously hurting the community.

5 Likes

Funny enough, I had salmon a couple of weeks ago and my digestive issues suddenly came back. I had stomach pains and my stools got worse. It’s been getting better, but I fully believe that salmon was what caused it.

1 Like

I think this is the point people are trying to make.
Sounds to me like you ate something, it might not have agreed with you, you had an upset stomach. It could have been a number of things over those days that caused a change in your stools. Its completely normal.

I’m throwing the salmon debate in to the box along with nose boogers, ear wax & my testicles turned into ovaries

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with this specific thread. But what I will say as someone who has been suffering from PFS for ten years is that I do react in extreme ways to things that normal people would not react to. I took amino acids in SAMe recently and stayed up for 9 days, lost ten pounds and experienced shrinkage. So in my experience with this anything is possible.

3 Likes

My hard flaccid / pssd was brought on by Sam-e ( granted I have previous SSRI usage) - what do you mean by amino acids in Sam-e?

Also, on the salmon - just throwing out an idea - salmon is very high histamine - could that be causing it? I would expect if that was it - you would have only temporary crash not permanent. I also belive vitamin A is a issue for many - I’ve used to take a lot of fish oil and it gave me horrible exhaustion.

1 Like

Good explanation. Salmon used to give me bad issues too. It’s high in histamine if it’s not fresh and this is problematic for histamine intolerant individuals.

3 Likes

A bit problem here is that PFS is a real condition that nobody understands well and the symptoms can change from time to time.

Hypochondria is the “obsession with the idea of having a serious but undiagnosed medical condition”. Given that the condition is fluctuating and there are always so many health variables changing at any given time, it’s really hard to say that eating salmon or tomatoes or using whatever supplements help or hurt. But even though PFS is real, this obsession with the smallest unprovable changes, fits the definition of hypochondria and definitely reflects on the community. I’m not going to tell you what you should say or do or think, but its worth it to appreciate this fact when you consider how to conduct yourself.

1 Like

I had a urine neurotransmitter test which gives you an idea as to how much of each neurotransmitter your body is producing. I explored this path because the handful of people on this forum who explored this path had pretty good results. Also recently I learned that certain neurotransmitters such as GABA bind to the GABA receptors and react in a way similar to how certain neurosteriods such as Allopregnanolone would react after binding to the GABA receptors. This path felt relevant giving joekools recovery which he contributes to increasing neurosteriods with HCG and thisisarealbummers recovery which he contributes to “balancing” the GABA receptors.

Specific amino acids convert to specific neurotransmitters through specific pathways in the body. This is why amino acids are predecessors of neurotransmitters. SAMe is a cofactor that assists with dopamine’s conversion to norepinephrine. SAMe also does other things. Another example I’m aware of is that SAMe may impact glycine levels. So I took specific amino acids and SAMe for 64 days and then had a follow up urine neurotransmitter test to see if I was now peeing out higher levels of the neurotransmitters that I was trying to increase

During this 64 days I cured my constipation and relapsed into severe insomnia. I relapsed into insomnia on November 25th 2020. It was bad and very similar to what happened to me when I first got insomnia issues from taking Saw P seven years ago. This time I stayed up for 9 days and even when I started sleeping my sleep was still very limited for weeks. As of right now I’m continuing to recover back to regular base line with the relapse insomnia and I’m about 70 percent recovered back to baseline with the relapse insomnia specifically. So I’m successfully knocking the shit out of it haha. If I recover back to full regular baseline with my sleep I’ll be back at about 80 percent pre PFS level sleep which I can happily live with.

Unfortunately during this recent relapse I also took a hit on the sexual sides as well which I’m currently noticeable below regular baseline in. Note that my regular baseline on the sexual sides is not good to begin with. I’m going on a trial of 4 DHEA today in hopes to at least get back my losses in sexual sides from it and if I am real lucky get some gains above regular PFS baseline with these sides.

But yea I believe everything stated in this thread. No way amino acids and SAMe puts a balanced person into that severe of insomnia and causes shrinkage, loss of sexual function and lean muscle loss. So I believe everything being stated here about salmon. Lastly I believe the loss of lean muscle this time in my case was specific to not sleeping for that 9 straight days. I could literally feel the muscles in my legs wasting away while I was in bed completely physically exhausted while my brain was completely alert and wired unable to sleep. I look at this like it’s worth mentioning because I think the muscle loss was in result of the insomnia and not “something else” that the amino acids and SAMe did to provoke my imbalance

What symptoms did you have prior to SAMe and what symptoms did the SAMe cause and or make worse ?

One of the moderators on this site here said he got worse from SAMe and ended up in similar insomnia to mine after taking SAMe

My urine neurotransmitter tests show I’m peeing out highish amounts of histamine. This suggests that I have more histamine then what my body needs

Just like I’m peeing out highish amounts of Allopregnanolone suggesting my body wants to get rid of a lot of my Allopregnanolone. As well as Epitestosterone which is a 5AR inhibitor. Peeing out flagged high amounts of Epitestosterone suggesting I’m producing too much Epitestosterone and my body wants to get rid of it

I would need to see simpler patterns in the labs of others to build on this theory but I think all the excitatory neurotransmitters such as dopamine, epinephrine ,Norepinephrine are responsible for normal sexual function and for some reason my whole system goes off the wall when I try to increase anyone of these things. My body also binds high amounts of DHT evidenced by comparing my plasma DHT to my saliva DHT. And then my body keeps aromatase activity low like we are discussing in the other thread. So it’s almost like everything my body needs for normal sexual function is being purposely kept low in the body. I call it being in “survival mode”. It makes sense that in “survival mode” your body is not trying to digest food well or reproduce. It’s just doing the minimum to survive. I try to force my body to do these things well with amino acids and it starts to do these things well by turning digestion back on but then crashed. There has to be reason for this. A missing element resulting in this occurring

I’m going to make a new thread soon outlining every test I had and where others can get them done. It’s just taking me a little while because I’m insanely busy. I’m hoping once I outline them people will spend the money and get them done.

1 Like

Are you saying salmon no longer gives you issues?

Farmed salmon is known to have high amounts of pollutants. I saw a docu on youtube (link below) where they analyzed it and the researchers stated that it is the most toxic food you can eat and they would never eat farmed salmon. I always eat wild salmon and never had issues. If there is a link with issues then it has nothing to do with salmon itself but with pollutants https://youtu.be/RYYf8cLUV5E

1 Like

Nope not anymore. I used to ask the restaurants about the freshness of their salmon but I’m fine now. My food sensitivities are 99% gone.