I want to try proviron

I want do proviron therapy. But i dont know how. as I understand it, starting at 200mg / day and continuing for 6 weeks. is this true

1 Like

Unless your DHT is low, E2 high & SHBG high normal or very high, I don’t think Proviron will prove helpful. You need bloodwork first. 200mg/d for 6 weeks will suppress your HPTA.

How will Proviron help if you have very high SHBG? My SHBG is consistently high, last reading was 123 which is more than double of the high end of a natural high reading.

Fill out the survey please.

This is in no way considered typical Proviron use and is based upon a sample size of one anecdote from a poster with no previous forum history and a sum total of four posts. There are several reasons this could be very dangerous to try and I’d urge you to exercise caution.

2 Likes

what are the risks

Wow that’s the highest I’ve encountered. You need to dig deeper into causes. SHBG is a good marker on overall health status.

High SHBG causes:
Estrogens (particularly Estradiol).
Progesterone (by increasing Estrogen receptors).
Thyroid Hormone (particularly Hyperthyroidism).
Liver Disease
Anorexia, Starvation
Hypoglycemia (low insulin).

I suggest you scrutinize the above before attempting Proviron.
@ginge1612

1 Like

Strangely enough the Endo I saw last didn’t even bat an eyelid at my through the roof SHBG, she said “maybe you’re a person with naturally high SHBG” For awhile I’ve been thinking maybe I have hyperthyroidism as I’m a bag of bones, I eat a shit load always, have a real intolerance to heat and sweat like mad even when I’m not hot. My testosterone is also very high last reading was 31.2 (range 8.6-29) my estrodile was 88, I’m a bit stuck as getting help from medical professionals here in the UK is so hard as they’re clueless and most have never even heard of propecia let alone PFS.

I hear you. Been there, done that. I’ve seen countless doctors about various issues and most never blinked an eye so I learned to be my own doctor. If you could prove that you naturally have high SHBG by eliminating high SHBG causes above, then you should look else where. I think your high T is due to your high SHBG. SHBG binds to sex hormones leaving around 2% as free Testosterone (FT). Proviron has a great affinity to SHBG and thus it renders more FT and this could be very beneficial. It also competes with Estradiol at receptors level and thus improves T:E2 & E2:DHT ratios. The result is usually higher strength and libido and more muscle definition.
@ginge1612

1 Like

@yedek1 Almost everyone here is going to tell you to not do it, I on the other hand will applaude you for attempting it. But know the risks my bro, when we took finasteride no one told us the risks and look at where we are now. You will be using your body as a guinea pig, there is a possibilty you will do even more damage. With more damage comes more stress and a lesser will to live. So know the risks and know what you are doing. On the other hand you might be cured from this already excisting hell, I think that the only way of repairing your hormonedamage caused by fin can be cured with something equally as dangerous to your hormones. Hence I think proviron might work, but don’t hold me to that, I only base my opinion on the fact that I think it’s logical.
Either way good luck bro.

1 Like

What are the risks ? What can be most ?

I don’t really know, I didn’t dig deep enough yet because I first wanna discuss it with my doctor which may take a while. The only think I found was having a long and painfull erection (don’t really know what that feels like anymore) and your testicles might get smaller. Also it doesn’t seem to be very harmfull to your liver which is a good thing. I don’t think it’s more dangerous than finasteride but hey I’m no doctor :smiley: