I’ve got a question about some of the research that was done

I understand that it was discovered that some key neurosteroids were lacking in people who took finasteride. This is a very important discovery and I’m sure it will go a long way in helping solve this thing

Here is what I would love to see: find those very same people a few years down the road and check them again to see if the neurosteroid levels are any closer to what is considered baseline. Even if there is only a 10% improvement at least we could tell if people heal from PFS or not

Is anyone else interested in finding out if we heal at all or if the neurosteroids just stay flatlined? I’d love to know

1 Like

Could you give me a link to the research you’re talking about? I’d like to know what neurosteroids were checked and what was found.

I don’t have a link but I think it’s a pretty well established fact that we have low to non-existent levels of allopregnanolone in the cerebral spinal fluid

[You are receiving this reply from a moderator. Please note this is a pre-prepared message]

Hi,

Your post has been edited or removed as it is not in line with the site rules: https://forum.propeciahelp.com/faq#theories

Please make it clear from your post that you are presenting your opinion and the basis for that opinion.

Please do not present your ideas and experiences in a way that could be construed as definitive medical advice or diagnosis. Instead, provide information on your personal experience using the self-reporting template provided.

Please do not use definitive statements about the condition that can appear as factual claims such as “PFS is this”, “This will work every time” or “Do this and it will cure you”.

Thank you for understanding.