I think PFS is an autoimmune disorder

Im very sorry i take it all back. I am very angry i just cant beleive this happened to me. But my case shows that PFS mechanism can happen in estrogen too with a high dose of aromatise inhibitor !

More evidenced this is autoimmune

Anyone from the UK i highly recommend that you go here

taymount.com/

Fecal transplants have ALOT of potential for a number of conditions not just gastrointestinal.

IF PFS is autoimmune then we really need to be improving our immune system. ANd the gut is basically the immune system.

If i recall correctly they found leaky gut in all the subjects with autoimmune disease in some studies. Basically implying that autoimmune disease can only exist with a leaky gut.

This is what i recommend everyone do to beat this.

Diet
Autoimmune Paleo Diet: aiplifestyle.com/what-is-autoimm … ocol-diet/
or
GAPS diet: gapsdiet.com/

Supplements
-High Quality Probiotic
-Digestive Enzymes
-Magnesium
-Vitamin K2
-Cod liver oil (if not eating liver) westonaprice.org/health-topi … endations/
-Methylation Supplements (see a methylation aware practitioner to tailor your supplements to your genetics as per 23andme)

Lifestyle
-Water fasting (4-7 days once a month or a long 21 day supervised fast 1-2x a year)
-Correct circadian rhythm. Rise before 8am and sleep before 10pm
-UV exposure everyday (adjust dose to your climate to avoid burning)
-Good social life and FUN !
-Meditation
-Acceptance. Stop feeling like you NEED to recover. Just accept how you are and trust the process of healing
-Exercise

Treatments
-Fecal transplants to optimise the immune system
thepowerofpoop.com/ (All you need to know about FMT with DIY info)
taymount.com/ (UK guys)
melbournefmt.com.au/ (Melbourne Australia)
probiotictherapy.com.au/ (Sydney Australia)

-Possible immunomodulating drugs (if a study can confirm we have antibody)
-Possible Chemotherapy + stem cells (if autoimmune disease is confirmed)

Seems like chronic fatigue syndrome is looking like an autoimmune disease. If you do reasearch on CFS you will find they crashed in 24hrs just like we did. We dont have CFS but this gives us some hints that we might have an autoimmune disease too and there could be possible treatments in the future

Antibody wipeout found to relieve chronic fatigue syndrome
newscientist.com/article/dn … -syndrome/

2 Likes

if you guys think it is Autoimmune then why not try immunosuppressant like dexamethasone, methotrexate etc.

2 Likes

because that would refute his theory… thats exactly what i told him : take immune suppressovd dosage of dexa

Drugs are not a cure. Supressing your immune system for long periods of time is barbaric. The root cause needs to be treated

Stay up for 48 hours without sleep and watch your libido rise (pfs guys)

Reversing autoimmune disease is a big challenge and CDNUTS work ethic is required. Sadly my chance of recovery is gone because i followed the drug delusion instead of following mother nature

But i hope OP and others take the autoimmune hollistic route and recover

1 Like

one of my friend has psoriasis and he is on methotrexate for the last 9 years. His dr doubled and then tripled his dosage. His dr is monitoring him and runs liver tests every 3 or 4 months. He is doing extremely well. If he does not tell you, there is no way you can tell if he is on some meds. Point to note here is,he started with low dose and increased slowly until his psoriasis got under control. It took some time. psoriasis did not got under control overnight . I know him for a very long time.

Its not a cure hes on a drug.

You can get away with treating the symptoms for alot of disease but since PFS is hormonal u need to treat tge root because hormomes effect ur ENTIRE body

If you truly believe it’s auto-immune, why not try an immune suppressant for a few months and see if it makes any difference? If it works, you can try cures like fecal transplant, fasting, etc.

since your body is broken, you will have to be on some treatment.
If you think you will recover and become healthy like before without using anything, I tell you this is impossible. you will have to use something.Body has broken. I have been in this mess since early 2009. I am using VitD3. IF I stop it I will fall in the same pit within few days, may 2-3 days only.

Yeah, i am also pretty sure that pfs is an autoimmune problem… But i don’t agree that immune system is attacking ‘hormones’ … I think it is attacking 5ar.
In the first place i got pfs not from finasteride but from the shampoo that inhibits 5ar. I was on finasteride for a month and a half and experienced symptoms. I stopped taking it and in a couple of days everything came back normal. But i was stupid and neglectful enough not to research web more thoroughly (because then i would find this forum at least) and to get that shampoo thinking that it will have the effect only on the head. During usage one day i was having huge libido (dht kicked in) and jerked off couple of times. After that i had the crash…
I started linking pfs with an autoimmune disease after eating sorghum for a day or two (which is supposed to raise 5ar). I got insomnia, palpitations, spasms all over the body, the shrinkage noticeable increased and anxiety also.
Also, when i, for the first time, took tribulus terrestris pill i had the highest amount of libido in my entire life… But, after a day or two, the symptoms came back … And after some time, i had the same reaction as with sorghum. Just like many here on the forum experienced crash after taking creatine, also supposed to raise 5ar.

After changing the diet (eliminating all simple sugars) and implementing some anti-ca*ndida treatments i experienced the improvements in all departments: less brain fog/better cognition, the ejaculate increased in size and libido also. As soon as i drink beer or take the slightest amount of sugar the symptoms start returning.
It is also my opinion that the full recovery is possible but the absolute discipline is necessary. Actually at some points i started thinking that the full recovery is within reach and started getting back in diet sugar and alcohol only to be cruelly refuted. But, in spite of being not so close to full recovery, i now feel incomparably better than maybe a year ago. I am not thinking whole day long when to commit suicide and the return of that sense of having problems instead of the problem is really good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My only uncertainty is my recovery.

I tried every anabolic hormome on earth with no libido results.

I stayed on 100mg test which put my T at 800ng/dl estradiol perfect.

Still no libido. I discovered if i took clomid just 25mg ONCE i got oily skin and libido. However it only lasted a few days. I discovered cycling progesterone on top kept the effect untill clomid cleared my system 4-5 weeks after that one dose.

If its autoimmune why does a SERM make DHT work again? And why does progesterone maintain it?

I could take 200mg proviron with 0 results. When when on clomid and progesterone it made my face drip with oil and prostate grew + libido.

It sure is a mystery. Think i could of cured myself with prog and clomid. Sadly im messed up now from arimidex which i stopped 5 months ago. More persistent changes

I have mentioned on this board that my ex-spouse was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, an auto-immune disease. In the last few years, there has been tremendous research in that field, and a new medication called Tecfidera was released, which is the medication that she uses. It is an immune suppressant medication that has very minor side effects and reduces the progression of the disease by at least 50% (way more than any other medication before this). She gets a little “warm sensation” (face becomes red) once in a while, but that’s about it. I know it can also cause a little stomach ache.

If some members believe that PFS is an auto-immune disease and are desperate enough to try anything, this would be a good start! The down side is that it costs about 20 000$ a year, and you probably can’t get it without a prescription (maybe you can, I’ve never tried). She takes 4 pills per day (2 in the morning, and 2 in the evening), so cutting it down in half would bring the cost down below 1000$. Something that PFS foundation could finance ???

I definitely think it would be worth a try. We would easily see within a month if the PFS side effects tend to fade out… If so, I would gladly put down 1000$ a month on this !

Androgen Receptor Polymorphism in Exon 1 - like the german guy said he had - and lupus in men and women, and diabetes type 1 autoimmune disease.

Additionally, shorter Androgen Receptor CAG (n) allelles associated with earlier onset of autoimmune diseases and severity of Reumathoid Arthritis.

Maybe we have an epigenetic AR change that predisposes to autoimmune disease.

endocrineconnections.com/content/3/2/99.full

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23388696

connection.ebscohost.com/c/artic … thematosus

researchgate.net/publicatio … _Arthritis

eje-online.org/content/149/6/597.full.pdf

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22466402

1 Like

I believe PFS is an AI disorder and AI system attacks hormons. If it attacked 5ar as Johnny thinks, testo to dht conversion should decrease. That means your testo should increase and your dht decrease. I have before and after pfs blood tests that show my testo has decreased. I do not have before pfs dht tests to compare my numbers.

I have noticed that whenever I take advil for headache or other matters, my pfs symptoms improve. I have better sleep, better energy, etc. As you you advil is anti-inflammatory. AI system causes inflammation and advil reduces inflammation and therefore relelieve. I am just saying this to support my theory of AI disorder, and not suggesting that advil is a cure or take advil for relieve. Too much advil can cause a lot more problems like stomach bleeding, etc.

Although I believe PFS is AI disorder, I am not ready to try any pharmaceutical products. AI suppressants only hide the symptoms and do not cure them. AI system is very complicated and playing with that is a big mistake. I prefer control my symptoms by diet and meditation than touching any other pharmaceutical product. I don’t trust them and do not recommend them at all. However, I am 100% sure you will see relief if you take AI suppressant, but do not recommned it at all.

Another point is regarding restricted diet and deciplined life style for recovery. Although this helps a lot but I do not think is enough for recovery. I went on a 6 months of very restricted diet. I did not touch sugars, carbs, alcohol, coffee, tea, fruits, dairy products, … for 6 month. And when I say “I did not touch” them, I literaly mean it. Only vegetables, meats, healthy fats, and some nuts and all organic. I lost more than 25lbs on this diet and I am a skinny guy to begin with. I lost so much weight that I thought I might die. I avoided all the chemicals and went completely natural. I exercised, 4 times a week with 3 days of rest in between. I did HIIT and Weight lifting.
Results: I had huge improvements in all departments. My gut healed and I started having better digestion. My sleep improved dramatically. My energy improved. Mental side effects gone. And at some point (towards the beginning of the diet) my sexual function was improved so much that I thought I am very close to full recovery. However, I never recovered 100%. I don’t think even CDnuts went on such a restricted diet as I did. But unfortunately no 100% recovery for me.

I believe AI system (AIS) has developed antibodies against hormones. When this happens, these antibodies stay in the body for a long time. This is just like how vaccination works. You enter the bacteria or virus to body once. Body developes anti bodies against that germ. You get immunity against the germ. Now, in some cases, the antibodies decrease or go away over time and they recover. Again just like vaccines. That’s why they recommend to renew some vaccines every 10~15 years.

I think if you want to recover, you should try to not stimulate your AI system by manipulating hormones. Remember, every time you manipulate your hormones is like renewing vaccination against your hormones. If you calm your AI system for a long time, hopefully your hormones come back to you naturally without any AI reaction. Meanwhile you should try to avoid anything that stimulates AI system. In your diet and your life.

2 Likes

And what would constitute something stimulatory for AI? Pray tell us. I’ve taken advil too, doesn’t make me feel better with the exception of a headache or muscle pain.

This topic really has my interest. Anobody willing to try AI suppressants? If I were to it, I would go with Tecfidera.
tecfidera.com/

I’m sure we could find enough people to chip in for a month’s treatment …

i get relief from dexamethasone but even 0.125mg works. night and day difference, i get libido back, anxiety disappears, motivation, precum, amazing orgasm, morning erections…like i’m 16 again.

But this is such a low dosage that i don’t think my reaction has to do with autoimmune… care to comment?

Really ? You sound just like if you were cured ! How long have you been taking this? Do you take it every day? Do your sides fluctuate, or have you been stable while on this?

not cured because on dx my insomnia isn’t solved of course and when i quit i get back to bad…
did this 2 or 3 times, last time 4 days in a row.

If it works, and at such a low dose, why don’t you go for the long run? Sounds like life would be so much more interesting !!

I don’t know much about this drug, but side effects can’t be worse than PFS, right?!