After 8 years of this I think I have a good idea what pfs is for me or a big part of it. After a while on this forum and the internet searching for answers in my beginning years of pfs I stopped searching completely because it led me nowhere and I begun monitoring my symptoms carefully to see if i could find correlations with things I do and how I feel. I believe I have a good picture, although of course I cant be 100 percent sure. This of course will not cure us but I believe this could help a lot of us.
When I stopped finasteride I became supersexual. This happened on day 2 If i remember correctly and is because hormones came raging back after suppressing it for a whole year. That night I masturbated and it really hurt my dick but also my head/brain (probably of too high hormones), and afterwards i went to sleep with still a bit pain in mainly my dick and head. That night I woke up middle in the night (very unusual for me) with a racing heartbeat and anxiety and I pretty much knew right away that the only thing what could have done this was finasteride so I started searching on the internet and found out what pfs is. After this night I had also developed peyronies, my dick always hangs a bit to the left now. And I believe this also happened in my head basically. Not that my head is pointing to the left, but i believe there is something in the brain stuck and become so stiff it does not function well anymore like with tissue involved with peyronies.
The things that make me feel good the last 8 years are all in line with this hypothesis. Because I believe something is stuck in the brain (stiffened tissue), everything relaxing it or expanding it would result in you feeling better. Here are the things that make me feel better
- Not concentrating. Simple not focusing on anything, not listening or reading anything. Of course this will result in tissue in brain relaxing instead of contracting. Gaming is the worst for me and I cannot do it anymore (too tense) , watching tv is bad but not as much as gaming.
- Sitting in the dark not concentrating. This is boring but helps me the most of all things. Your brain does not get stimulated at all, melatonin rises and relaxes it which prepares your body to go to sleep.
- Fasting. Not eating for a while also relaxes the body and brain since it does not have to digest food and gets stimulated less… I begin to breath deeper and that also relaxes brain.
- Getting fresh air. My body has become tense since pfs and somehow i can breath a lot better outside. I get deeper breaths and I also feel this translating in removing tension in my head.
- Not doing drugs or alcohol. Every drug or drink results in a very tense body for me. Before pfs I could smoke endless amounts of weed with no problem never having a bad trip and always feeling relaxed. I had one good high the last 8 years and that was when I was sitting outside when it was dark for a while beforehand (1 hour or so), so with a relaxed brain. Now it freaks me out every time raising anxiety and heart beat enormously. I think this is logical if your brain and body cannot relax normally. I have also done cocaine a couple times and when my friends go to sleep I cannot because my body is so tense, mainly head.
- exercise. Helps me because it deepens my breath therefore relaxing tissue in body. Best outside since my breathing is easier.
- cold showers helps. Increases rate and deepens breath so relaxes tissue.
- warm showers helps too. I get cold easily now and when i take a hot shower i instantly feel better since it relaxes body too, the water has to touch my head though to feel better by.
- Eating sugar. Stimulates brain and body resulting in tense body.
If I connect these things I come to the conclusion that there is some tissue in body mainly brain that has become unable to relax anymore. I see there is tissue in my dick that has become stiffened, why could it not have happened in other places of the body. This also could explain pssd similarities since high dopamine and serotonin probably stiffens your brain. We are electric beings in the end and when we increase these electric signals in the brain too much I believe you will get stiffened tissue and results in pfs and pssd. I also think that the people that recovered from this were not that bad but also did a lot of things that relax tissue in the body. You also have a chinese saying that goes something like when your body is young you are very stretchy like a baby but when you get old you will become stiff like a tree. Peyronies is something old guys get although I managed to get it in one year, would be logical there happened some other things in the rest of the body as well we cannot see.