I think Human Growth Hormone is the cure.

I was so dramatically impotent that I doubt arginine would have made the sole difference. Or interval training. Besides now, I’m VERY fit.

I can’t remember if I had androstenedione tested.

Did you ever get brainfog or feel emotionally blunted, like you had lost some of your personality?

This is the most comprehensive survey of IGF-1 levels of normal people that I have been able to find - kazman

hsc.wvu.edu/som/cmed/c8/resu … ummary.pdf

I would suggest comparing levels to this (note the second page has the older males stratified by age group).

One of my docs (the one I trust the most) said IGFBP3 is useless unless you have an IGF-1 value taken at the same time.

Sufferer 01-09,

Before I understood what fin had done I thought the problem was some how circulatory (circulatory issues run in the family). Anyhow, after doing regular cardio for awhile I then switched to interval training (e.g. 1-2 minute intervals @ 95% of max heart rate).

The interesting thing is that libido came surging back. Lasted 3 or 4 months then started to fade (I was getting tired anyway and had to cut back from 3 to 2 times/week).

Anyhow, interval training is one of the proven ways to elevate IGF-1 and GH. In fact with all the blood work have been able to confirm that my IGF-1 is at the bottom of the first quartile for my age group, unless serum is taken within 24 hours of interval training, where I’m then in the top 25% of my age group.

You are young, why not use arginine or glutamine supplementation to raise GH - are you monitoring GH or IGF-1? These supplements will work into your early 40s sometimes longer.

Just an FYI, I do not recommend interval training unless your cardiologist gives you the go ahead (mine did after a stress test with dye)

Have you had androstenedione tested?

guys i found a way to contact merck http://www.merck.com/merckhelps/patientassistance/contact.html

sufferer2001,

Since you have said you feel cured from the wrath of propecia, I have a couple of other things I was wondering about that I have not seen discussed by you.

Would you say you feel the intense desire to have sex again, like when your libedo was normal prior to taking the drug? Also do you feel that you have achieved the same sensation of feeling during sex that you felt prior to taking the drug?

I haven’t seen anyone post that they feel close to 100% recovered in these areas. If that is the case with you, that would be a big achievement.

thanks

This company has both HGH (the original formula in the ad) and IGF-1 homeopathic sprays for sale:
alwaysyoung.com/
(This one has better prices, but the above one has a better write up)
goodnaturenutrition.com/cate … awodu3-aaw

From what I’ve read on the internet most of the HGH supplements on the market (not talking prescription here) contain only amino acids utilized by the pituitary to make HGH, but the homeopathic ones actually contain a small dose of actual HGH. I also read that the amount of HGH that is allowed to be added to these supplements is regulated by the FDA (our friends). This company claims in the ad their products are
FDA Registered
Produced in the United States by an FDA Certified Lab

This sounds to me (being naive as I am) that this could be somewhat legitimate. Has anyone tried these or knows if they are worth trying?

BadLuck,

I have read quite a bit about human growth hormone this year as originaly my doc thought somatropin (HGH releasing) deficiency might be an issue. I have read in several places that the nose sprays in general, and the homeopathies in particular, do not work.

Here is the treatise I most often refer back to for guidance on HGH, be sure read the whole book, but the chapters on HGH and arginine are the most applicable. The author is an anti-aging fellow with an engineering background, but his work seems well referenced (and I’ve read many of his references).

futurescience.com/hgh.html

Kazman,
Where are you from? Are you doctor willing to prescribe HGH to you?

the only worry i have with hgh is when i think hgh i worry that if i go off it my testicles will shrink, and i will become infertle… i dont know if this is true or not… bec i hear its compared to steroids and steroids do this???
are my facts straight??

Chiller please do some research on your own.

it seems to be i hear conflicting side effects i dont know which is factual

Hey Chiller

HGH will not cause your testicles to shrink in the way that TRT will. TRT causes your testicles to shrink because when your body senses an external source of testosterone it stops making its own, and basically switches the testicles off. You can prevent this by using low-dose hCG injections while on TRT.

Human growth hormone obviously doesn’t act directly on the testosterone/estrogen fedback loop, and so this doesn’t happen. There are questions around whether long-term supplementation of HGH will cause the body to stop producing its own HGH. This doesn’t seem to be the case, but no one knows for sure.

Thanks for the link Kazman. I wish I would have read it before I made my order. Oh well, what’s another 50 bucks down the drain to try to fix my body. I did order both the HGH and the IGF-1 so maybe the IGF-1 molecules will absorb thru the tongue better than the HGH. Anyway I guess I’m committed and will give them a try.

As far as this thread, it’s great that sufferer2001recovered2009 found HGH to be a big help to him, but to the rest of us it kind of a red herring. We can’t get prescriptions, and most of the over the counter stuff doesn’t look too promising. Even if we could get prescriptions who can afford 17k a year? There were some interesting things in the link you sent, but most of the stuff I saw was experimental, in development, etc. I did a google on some of the peptides and saw that you can buy them on the internet for “research purposes”, but they also required an injection which I don’t find appealing.

Hey dude who created the topic. What do you think about my levels?

IGF-1 - 34 range (10-45)

Somatomedine-C(IGF1) 549 range (215-575)
IGFBp-3 5.96 range (1.73-7.48)
IGFBP-3/IGF1 2.86 range (0-4.5)

To me it looks pretty normal. All mid-higher range.

He updated his story here:

propeciahelp.com/forum/viewt … 5527#15527

Some excerpts:

You can read the rest of details in the above link.

Well, then it is not HGH alone… I still think HGH has an important role on this. I will wait for my IGFBP3 results.

correiovip,

No, none of my current doctors is willing to prescribe HGH, and frankly I am not ready to take that step. The doctor that understands the most about post fin did explain the importance of GH levels on libido. That fits with my own history as during the first 3 months of interval training I had considerable remission of symptoms (interval training helps release GH and increase IGF-1)

In terms of GH,I am focusing on getting more sleep, avoiding the GH decreasing substances mentioned in the link I posted above, and exploring whether arginine and/or glutamine can raise my GH levels either themselves or in conjunction with interval training… An working with a separate doc on an inexpensive way to determine whether these amino acids can raise my GH level, and I am in my 40s and it is more of a 50/50 proposition for me.

You can read more about my history and what I am trying generally in the later pages of the “My Recovery via Clomid” thread. Am remiss about updating that thread but am waiting for another total T level (and Adiol-G) to come back before I do so.

How many have taken human growth hormone during long time? I think can be a cure and maybe finasteride inhibits directly or indirectly this hormone

Frequently it’s said arginine is good.
Arginine or ornithine help produce HGH,so I wonder if HGH leads to good improvements.