I started finasteride 5 days ago? Should I stop?

Hello. I started taking finasteride five days ago. My erections are a little bit weaker but I havent noticed that much change. Also my scalp is itchy sometimes. In the first place I didnt even know if I had male pattern baldness, I just had a suspicion because I always thought my forehead was way larger than it used to be. So after googling, I went to a GP and got a script for it and started taking it. But then I found out about the side effects. Should i stop taking them now or should i keep taking them so I dont get PFS. I’m super scared to stop taking the medicine now. . .

I’m confused. If I STOP taking the medicine I’ll get pfs. If I KEEP taking the medicine then I’ll get obesity and gyno and lack of erections. Honestly I dont care about sex because I’m mostly asexual, BUT I do not want boobs. And I DONT want to get fat. I’ve been restricting my calories to 500 a day because im so paranoid.

Also if I stop taking the medicine will all my hair shed off? I dont think I was even losing hair before. . . But will it make me lose hair now that the dht will increase quickly?

This isn’t a hairloss forum. Quite frankly, the badly affected by PFS have much more pressing concerns than appearances. This forum is also restricted to those who have continued to experience persistent symptoms after stopping the offending substance. This is clearly stated in the site banner and forum rules.

Since you are asking about the risks of developing PFS if you quit, no one can say. There have been some who were hit hard after only a few pills, and others who went years without noticeable side effects and still crashed after stopping. Personally, I would stop taking it now because it has deleterious effects regardless. Most likely you will be fine, as it appears to be only a small percentage that develop long-term side effects.

Besides persistent sexual dysfunction, you may want to consider the risk of severe neurological symptoms; insomnia, anhedonia, muscle twitches, vision and memory problems, etc, that often accompany sexual side effects. This isn’t something to be taken lightly.

6 Likes