I need your help guys

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?iran

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?) searching my symptoms

What is your current age, height, weight?20_185_76kg

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)? finasteride

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?1mg every day

What condition was being treated with the drug?hairloss

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)? 7 month

Date when you started the drug?

Date when you quit the drug?

Age when you quit?19

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
Cold turkey
How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?after 4 month

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[ ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ✓] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[✓ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[✓ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[✓ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[✓ ] Confusion
[✓ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[✓ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[✓ ] Slurring of Speech
[✓ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[✓ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[✓ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[✓ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[✓ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)
Facial hair loss

After 4 month taking finasteride first thing that i found out was vision problem. my eyes couldn’t concentrate properly (i cant find where im looking)
And sometimes i have double vision.
after that i found out that i couldnt concentrate well and i couldnt control my speaking It’s like a feeling that my head is not connected to what I am saying and im talking without thinking (spaced out and drunk feeling 24/7) like im not fully awake and cant feel anything, sometimes i have slurred speech and cant find words.
I have memory loss in short and long term. Like i lost my personality
Weight loss
Dry skin especially in my hands and feet
I have watery semen and low sperm count
I got blood test and everything looks fine except estrogen (high level) and dhea (very very high)
I really need your help guys
This symptoms especially mental side are killing me.

Just write all medicine and supplement that can help me or cure me thanks you guys

1 Like

Hi @nigma1,

I am sorry this has happened to you, but you have come to the right place.

There have been people that have recovered from this, but most people active on here today still have the disorder in some way. Some of them have found their condition has gotten better in some way though.

I am one of those; I have been slowly recovering over the course of the last 3 years, and while it was terrible at the start, I feel better each day.

I didn’t see much improvement, until I tried these 2 things:

• Avoiding 5ari foods (5 alpha reductase inhibitors). If you search for “5ari foods” in the search bar, you will find examples of these food. Examples of these foods are Pumpkin, Broccoli, Chocolate, just to name a few. Every time you have these foods, you will notice your symptoms will worsen, and you might have a crash, or “mini crashes” (this is where your symptoms come back full blast). So do your best to avoid all 5ari foods, and you will find some sort of reprieve, or at least your symptoms will get better.

• In terms of supplements, one I can heavily recommend is Acetyl L Carnitine (otherwise called “ALCAR” for short).
    On this site, a few people have reported Recovering from taking this supplement, and they have never come back afterwards. I have only started taking in the last year, and have seen massive steps in my recovery. If you read @Livid171’s posts, you will be able to read all about it.
    After 4-6 months on this, you will notice you can eat 5ari foods again, and they won’t affect you.
    I have been taking this in total for 6 months, and feel more and more everyday that I am recovering.

In terms of both things above, I didn’t notice much improvement of my symptoms in the first year or 2 after stopping Finasteride.
However once I tried the 2 things above, I noticed massive improvements, so I would highly recommend.

I have also posted about both of these things on my page, if you want to have a closer look. But in terms of ALCAR, definitely take Livid’s advice from his post.

Stay strong, just remember there is always hope. And always come back here with questions, because everyone here will be able to help you.

Good luck.

1 Like

Hi @nigma1,

Here is a list of 5ari foods to avoid.
If you avoid all of these, you will likely start to see your symptoms lessen.

• Chocolate
  • Soy
  • Green Apples
  • Tea
  • Coffee
  • Mushroom
  • Broccoli
  • Pumpkin
  • Rosemary
  • Soybean Oil
  • Soy Sauce
  • Soy Milk
  • Protein bars
  • Peanut
  • Cashew
  • Walnut
  • Peanut butter
  • Sugar (except fruits)
  • Canola Oil
  • Tumeric
  • Fries
  • Ice Cream
  • Brown Rice
  • Betroot
  • Basil
  • All bread (Except Rye)

This isn’t a list of all 5ari foods, but one I put together myself based off my experiences having reactions, and what other people have posted on here. Best thing to do is when you are about to eat a food, search for it on this site. That will usually tell you if people have bad experiences with it or not.

I have also created a list of heaps of food I CAN eat. Includes meats, Dairy, Sweet Potato, Rye bread, white rice, majority of Vegetables, and fruit.

3 Likes

Thanks