Japanther's Member Story

Thanks for returning and sharing your regimen with us.

Yeah, thanks for returning & sharing your regiment and diet! I’m currently looking into possible diets myself and your story provided lot of useful information.

That’ s my own life. I feel so sad for the years I wasted feeling like this. Shit. Now its 1 year without finasteride more or less, and I think im 75% recovered from brainfog.

COngrats!

I too have moved to a simmilar diet. Almost no sugar (except natural sugar from fruits, vegies and milk…) No processed foods except cheese. Avoid grains.

Tea instead of coffee

I feel happier, my thinking is quicker and better memory. Tests and quizes @ school are much less stressful and my preformance is slightly better. My stress level is generally reduced.

This diet doesnt make everything better, but it had made a very noticable posative difference

Thanks for posting your sucsess!

Do you have any advice for a good souce of carbs? I find I lack a little endurance (I assume because lack of carbs)

1 more thing I have learned is to eat at least least some fat everytime I eat. As I understand, veggies are fat soluable. Must eat some fat with veggies to absorb the nutrients.

I dont know what is Rawfood, I think its a diet based on natural food, mainly fruit. So please, could you tell me where can I find more information about this diet?

I don’t know why it is in recovery when it is not a recovery.

a few adresses:

youtube.com/watch?v=gwuVD8gg6jw

giveittomeraw.com

rawsangha.com

renegadehealth.com

rawfoodtvshow.com

lovingraw.com

Hi, first of all, congratulations but being a heavy brain-fog sufferer myself I am a bit skeptical about this approach.

I would describe my brain fog as having this omnipresent creature or entity attached around the frontal to mid area of your brain or head. My thoughts at times are like white noise and I would agree with whoever mentioned a blanket or barrier because when I am in a lengthy conversation with someone, it is if their words must penetrate the fog. Therefore, I often space out and disengage in eye contact. I told my psychiatrist I feel as if I am just going with the flow of daily life because of it. It pretty much feels like this.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/images/Products/mtg%20art/Exodus/Transmogrifying%20Licid.jpg

I do know that exercise, especially running (both short and long distance), will temporarily help lift the fog. Unfortunately, I don’t get paid to wake up in the morning and run 6 miles and then spend an hour in the gym in the afternoon. This would make me happy, if I could do this for the rest of my life.

Eating healthy has to help as well but I wonder what the science behind an all raw food diet for PFS would be. I guess it is too difficult to say since most people know very little to nothing about it. It sort of makes me want to draw a parallel to MS. Doctors don’t really know much about it or how to treat it but diet and exercise help alleviate the symptoms.

I read on Crisler’s forum that eating a heavy meal consumes tons of cortisol (not an official source, I know). Therefore, if you are low in cortisol, eating in small light meals (raw) will spare a lot of cortisol and help with adrenal-related symptoms, such as brain fog. Not sure why exercise helps though, since it consumes cortisol too. Maybe it helps in case of high cortisol?

Maybe his brainfog would have gone away anyway … some people have reported brainfog dissapearing in time. Considering he had no sexual sides why wouldnt it.

Hi guys, I also had brainfog and It has gone away now. I posted here several years ago as i had many mental side effects and i took propecia for a while. Just this year I had eveything pretty much go away and wow i cant believe that i am living a normal life now. So for all you guys out there that feel like crap just take it day at a time and ask God for patience and help.

Bizzy can you please clarify if you had brain fog as in the inability to think properly, slurring of words and a general feeling of brain damage or it was a combination of depression and anxiety.

Were you suffering sexual side effects as well? If so, are you recovered from them?

Would you say you are fully recovered? Did you do anything in particular?

Hey guys. If you can, try to look at my early post when i had my symptoms. But to summerize i was the healthiest guy around. I spent many years in top physical shape and i was never scared to do anything. I would climb mountains, paintball, motorcycle, and never scared of anything at all,etc. I took the pill for several years and one day out of nowhere I was in a eating at bday party and like a ton of bricks i had a sort of anxiety attack. All i can think of was running outside and i felt like i was going to pass out. That was the begenning of a very long nightmare for me. I was trying to make sense of why in the hell a healthy guy like me would feel like that. Anyhow i started to do my research and i concluded that in my life i only took one medication and that was propecia. That led me to believe that this pill was causing my anxiety. Once i stopped taking the pill in exactly a week I had brainfog. I describe it as feeling like i was in space and not feeling real. I felt like i was in a movie and nothing was real. I would wake up with a strange feeling and most of my day like i was in slow motion. When i would talk the words would slurr out and the only thing i would think about was my condition. Nothing in my life matter and besides i had extreme anxiety. I could not be in a room with a closed door or I would start to panick. I could not drive anywhere with out a bottle of water thinking that my throat would get dry and i was going to chocke. I spent several years trying all kinds of stuff (except for medication, i never took any kind of medication because i did not want to cure one problem and fall in another) At this point I do not trust any kind of long term medication (thank God Iam healthy and i dont need anything).
I have alwasy been a Christian and just this year I asked God with all my heart to help and cure me and slowly this year all my symptoms went away. I dont have anxiety any more or any kind of brainfog. I basically operate everyday as normal as anyone.
Please read my previous post. I was a bit depressed and my life stopped for many years. But let me tell all you guys out there suffering this condition. YOU WILL GET OVER IT, just be patient and dont wait so long to ask GOD for help. I am not trying to preach to anybody but I can only speak for my personal experience. So if you are not religious and dont believe in God then I wouls still tell you to be patient and just take it day at a time. YOU WILL GET BETTER. One big thing that i cannot stress enough is to fight panick and fear will only make it worse. If you are scared of something in your condition face it and dont back off.
Sorry my post is long but I just want to make sure that anyone interested knows that they will get better one way or another.

1 Like

Visionquest, As to answer your question I never had any sexual side effects. At first my mind was playing tricks on me as I read people complaint about their sexual side effects. But I began to tell my self that i never really had any problems because i did not. And i never really had any problems after that. The only thing that really killed me was the extreme anxiety and brainfog.
I tried to exercise but it came to a point where my anxiety prevented me from exercise. I would feel like i was going to pass out and i stopped. Little by little i pushed it and started again and I am at the point where i would say I am back to normal.
If you do your research you will see that everybody says that exercise and good diet is the key to get better and I agree.
Any questions guys please ask, I am willing to help anybody get through this. God bless.

Yes, keeping faith is always a good thing for those that do. However, as you have noted, the passage of TIME has also been a healer and led to improvements for many.

In that regard, the more time one is off the drug, the more time the body has to heal from its effects. In particular, the cognitive effects do seem to clear up for many over time (although often it can take many months to a few years, depending on the person and other factors).

It seems it took a certain amount of time for your anxiety issues to resolve, in combination with exercise and diet, so that’s good to hear. Cheers.

You are righ Mew. I think that time had something to do with it and its important to be patient. One thing that scared the Crap out of me is that when i started with my problem I was reading many post from guys who spent like 10 years with the mental issues and they never got better. I kept thinking if i was on that route and that got me a bit depressed.
So maybe those guys that have these issues have something else going on in their life or their lifestyle is keeping them down. I am not sure but its just a thought. As I mentioned before I wanted to let anyone know that they will get better.
One more thing guys, I really recomend that you dont drink regular coffee. Try decaf or dont drink it at all. I would drink two cups in the morning and i stopped. One year after as i began to feel better they gave me a cup of regular coffee and instantly my anxiety started to come back. So my advice is to cut the caffine and nicotine.

I give you props Mew for running this website as I know it takes a lot of time and if does help people. I can honestly say that this forum gave me answers to many questions and I am so happy that I can say that I feel better and back to normal.

guys are you joking?

my brainfog was constantly very very bad for almost 3 years. There was absolutely no improvement. it only started to change, as i turned into the rawfood lifestyle, cleansing, fasting … by the way, i´m not the only person on this board, which came back by rawfood

what is the science behind it? man, dont get fooled by all this brainwashers, think that things like cancer are normal … but they are not normal!! have you ever heard about max gerson? i dont care about science!!

the fact is, that no medication can help you. your body needs to heal itself on its own and you NEED to support him the best way you can. there are definately good supps and herbs, but fighting medication with medication … i dont need to comment that.

people nowadays are so brainwashed, they think that they can take pills and their problems will fade away, but that is not the way mother nature is working.

Nature is a great, harmonious thing … and as long you follow natures rules, it will support you and your body with all its power.

if you start supporting your body and live naturally, eat raw etc ( i dont say that raw is the ideal diet, but it is good for healing) … you need to RESET your body, getting all poison out, putting all function back to zero … being clean and free of industrial waster …

rawfood needs much less energy to convert, the body normally needs the most energy for digesting cooked food, the more energy you haver left over from digesting, the more energy will be there to heal other things in the body!!

2 Likes

japanther

thanks for the update
could you give the list of supps you took?
and when you say raw food what do you mean by raw food? only vagetables? or meat as well?
are you still talking any supps? if yes which ones?

thanks