I’m excreting high amounts of potent positive allosteric modulators of the GABAa receptor

Melcangi’s PFS study found low allopregnenolone in the CNS of the PFS group. My saliva allopregnenolone is low suggesting that I am not producing high amounts of Allopregnenolone via 3a-HSD. My urine allopregnenolone is high suggesting I’m peeing out large amounts of the allopregnenolone that I am producing. Maybe my allopregnenolone is low in my CNS as well because I’m getting rid of high amounts of Allopregnenolone in my urine which is excretory. My body may be excreting high amounts of allopregnenolone because it needs to get rid of it for a reason possibly pointing to an issue with the GABAa receptors in the brain. Because allopregnenolone in the CNS is a positive allosteric modulator of the GABAa receptor. So If there is too much action on the GABAa receptors my body may be peeing out as much Allopregnenolone as possible so that the allopregnenolone does not make it to the GABAa receptors.

Additionally my plasma 3a-diol is low suggesting that I’m not converting high amounts of DHT to 3a-diol via 3a-HSD. My urine 3a-diol is high suggesting my body is peeing out high amounts of 3a-diol. This probable tells me that my body also wants to get rid of a lot of its 3a-diol which interestingly IS ALSO a potent GABAa receptor positive allosteric modulator.

So that’s a pattern of body trying to keep positive potent GABAa receptor allosteric modulators low. But that’s not it and here is where things get really interesting…

I’m flagged low in Saliva Pregnenolone sulfate. This is also an exogenous neurosteriod. It’s synthesized from Pregnenolone at the very beginning of the steroid pathway. Pregnenolone sulfate IS A NEGATIVE ALLOSTERIC MODULATOR OF THE GABAa RECEPTOR.

So I’m sure you can see where I’m going with this…

I’m flagged low in the actual production of Pregnenolone Sulfate which should be negatively modulating the GABAa receptors. My body is peeing out flagged high amounts of the two neurosteriods which positively modulate the GABAa receptors. It appears that the GABAa receptors need a correct balance of positive and negative modulation. And the negative modulator not being produced at all throws the balance of the GABAa receptors off resulting in the peeing out as much as possibly of the positive Gaba receptor modulators in an attempt to correct the problem. Because too much positive modulation of the GABAa receptors by Allopregnenolone and 3a-diol without negative modulation by Pregnenolone sulfate balancing the GABAa receptors could be a serious problem

1 Like