I’m crashing but it was recent

I only used finasteride for six days, about 0.1 mg each time. My last dose was 12 days ago, I saw posters recommend to another poster to keep on the drug and taper off instead of quitting cold turkey. I am just looking for affirmation - my window of opportunity has passed, getting back on the drug would do me more harm than good now no?

Probably more harm then good that’s nearly 2 weeks off already, wouldn’t risk it. What sides did you get?

Pretty bad ED that climaxed (so far) in complete numbness/non responsiveness of my dick this past Tuesday. Since, I have recovered some of it and have had pretty good sex with my girlfriend two days this week. But it takes longer to get up, and it doesn’t always get completely erect.

The main reason I’m writing is the sleeping problems though. I can’t sleep for more than a couple hours at a time. Honestly if I could sleep I’d be borderline happy w my dicks current functionality, cut my losses, and move on.

1 Like

Honestly man don’t worry about hair-loss if I was aware of the dangers I would have never taken anything to combat it. Hair is a laughable matter in comparison to this condition.

Insomnia is very common amongst us on this forum, as for the sexual sides I think if you have seen recovery on that side already then your on the path to recovering, if you resume the use you can end up in a very bad situation so please don’t take it ever again, you’ve only experienced some of the many sides this PFS is capable of and I would strongly suggest you never to touch that poison ever again!

Listen to your body if your hair-loss speeds up do not freak out or go back on the drug, I wouldn’t wish this condition on my worst enemy. That being said I think your going to be okay if you got some of your sexual function back. You don’t want to live potentially the rest of your life with ED brain fog and fatigue ect. I could keep going on.

Do not resume the drug please. Many of us made the same mistake and ended up much worse off for it

3 Likes

Oh hell no man - I couldn’t give a fuck less about my hair loss now, and in fact am actively hoping I get a classic full Norwood 7 MPB pattern just so I wasn’t taking a risk with this damn drug for nothing.

The only reason I was considering restarting is because I have read this forum a lot over the past few days and it seems to be a consensus that the pace and timing of quitting can be pretty important - ie no cold turkey freak outs like what happened w me.

And thanks for the encouragement man. The improvements have been up and down though and right now if I touched myself I probably couldn’t get fully hard. But I did have really strong morning wood this morning (first time in a week) and was hard enough for penetration for a few mins last night. So I didn’t want to create a picture of having erectile health bc at the moment that’s not exactly me lol. I just know that as of now, the drug has not rendered me completely impotent.

But I do feel a connection between my brain and my cock again, and even if I can’t get hard I can at least feel me touching myself. To say I felt terrified when that wasn’t the case on Tuesday is an understatement.

In fact one thing freaking me out is I am still losing way less hair, just like when I was actually taking the drug.

The fact that I hear stories like yours so often further proves why this stuff should be banned. But yeah continuing at this point isn’t worth it, give it at least 2-3 months you should be okay

1 Like

Thanks dude. You guys are pretty great on this forum. Honestly, being on here and reading some of the horror freaks me out, but I am entering law school in the fall (if this insomnia lets me lol) and I will unequivocally attempt to inflict as much financial pain as humanly possible on Merck and whomever else shares responsibility for this rat poison being freely, publicly available.

2 Likes

The horror stories shoud freak you out because, for some of us, it’s really that bad. Very typical for the crash or significant worsening after stopping finasteride to happen around the 2-week mark; instead, you are improving. I would assume you made it to the other side of the hump.
The fact that you feel the mind-genital connection returning returning this early is a very good sign that you won’t end up being one of those badly affected, if persistently affected at all.

I didn’t take finasteride, but would thoroughly enjoy seeing many of the pharma giants getting a financial smack-down.

2 Likes