I believe we have already discovered the cure for PFS

How common is this CAG repeat? It’s been mentioned before that this isn’t an issue as healthy people have this too

I think you’re correct, that broadly speaking we are not a high priority for the medical profession. It may be of comfort for you to know that the type of research likely to benefit us could be both helpful to other people and also trigger an explosion of new scientific study, research. With time it’s quite possible that we will see efforts that will benefit us accelerate, or even an interest.

We need help to get there, however. Please tell people about pfs, your non judgemental friends and family if you can. Imagine them telling you that they’d been betrayed by what was a safe drug, you’d be both outraged and sympathetic.

3 Likes

WOW everyone. You guys all have elementary level school reading skills

I put a whole article up about using anastronzole with DHT therapy, and everyone reads “get back on finasteride with high dose” and somehow it snowballed into this giant thing about getting back on fin. if you HAD READ PROPERLY IT IS NOT WHAT I SAID.

I’m going to quote myself again

Everyone and BibFortuna : Why are you guys all talking about getting back on Fin? I quoted a post from another user named “DHT”, who said he was thinking about restarting, but actually didnt, he then said "Then i researched and find you and started arimidex that was my first real reversal after 8 years."

please READ

9 Likes

Please take the survey. Thanks.

3 Likes

I also believe the AR needs to be downregulated but I think there is more to the picture which is gut health. I think 1st step is check for Sibo, 2nd step check for intestinal permeability. If either of these need fixing then fix first. 3rd step flush AR receptors of backed up hormones such as E1, E2 with DIM or something similar, this won’t work if you have gut issues, which is probably why we are stuck in a loop, final step is to down regulate AR receptors back to correct base line.

1 Like

Dim is a 5ar inhibitor , it’s like taking finasteride

I still believe there’s more to PFS than set of hormones namely T; E2 & DHT and their ratios. Fin is merely a trigger IMO. Try and look at everything with a skeptical eye. I’ve been too focused on modulating T and E2 using all sorts of drugs for over 10 years. And while this did give me temporary remissions I’d always wind up to square one. Bombarding E2 with AIs is no better than Fin itself and walking down that slippery path almost left me for dead. Use labs as a general guidance and set up a road map. Last but certainly not least, you don’t want to risk touching Fin ever again.

Some things to look into:

• Immune system disorders and inflammation.
  • Adrenals (if inflammation exists then adrenals will be hit hard and hinder recovery).
  • Gut health. Focus on fixing any preexisting issues.
  • Thyroid status. If adrenals are not in top shape then thyroid is also likely to suffer and affect many metabolic processes.
  • Seek and destroy any hidden infections.
  • Check liver function and other crucial markers (e.g insulin).
  • Get tested for vitamin and mineral deficiencies.

If you have any of the above issues, then you can rest assured treating T, DHT and E2 levels alone won’t cure your longstanding problems. Godspeed

2 Likes

Please, don´t use Arimidex. Take a look below what is it:

Propecia = Finasteride = Arimidex = Anastrozole = enzyme inhibitors

This is the same shit. The same risk. Don´t use it. Don´t play with enzyme inhibitors.

4 Likes

Have you done these gut tests yourself? If not, why?

Some people have their E2 throught the roof when on TRT or HCG so they need a small dose of AI to get it back where it was pre-TRT otherwise it may shut down their Test production , you just need to make sure you don’t bring your estrogen down like many users who crashed on AI did , it should remain at pre-TRT basline

Taking testosterone injection is useless for PFS and you are risking yourself even more with those drugs like Arimidex.

2 Likes

I think that since the finastride passes the brain barrier as well as the ssri we have suffered brain damage.
Many of us have involuntary muscle contractions as well as movements of the small nerve fibers. Muscles and nerve fibers are present in every part of our body.
Then in our brain we find substances such as dopamine and others and even a decompensation will have been created … I think we are screwed and those who recover and because they have suffered only a transitory hormonal imbalance. Stiffness, muscle pain can also come from the brain … So when they find something to raise multiple sclerosis and parkinson’s, maybe we sick people can benefit from it.

I believe it’s reversible , once the mechanism of PFS is known we’ll be able to reverse it , problem is only a small percentage of scientists recognize our condition , more studies are required so it can help us in finding remedies for our condition

3 Likes

wtf? not all enzyme inhibitors are the same. ED pills are enzyme inhibitors.

4 Likes

I’m getting real fed up with these unjustified clickbait thread titles.

1 Like

Yes I have done sibo and intestinal permeability tests. Both came back through the roof bad. I have had Pfs for 8ish years now, I have been trying to fix my gut for 3 years at that stage I only knew about the gut permeability and no matter what I did I couldn’t fix it. Recently I found out I have Sibo aswell, and if you have sibo then it’s very hard to fix your gut permeability. If you have either of these then your hormones won’t flush out of your system properly and they will keep being recycled, clogging receptors. Plus none of your supplements will work as well, basically throwing money down the drain. I plan on going to see a natrupath to assist.

3 Likes

I’ll just mention something I’ve noticed the last few weeks, I started eating an apple every afternoon at 3pm, away from any other food, as soon as I eat the apple I get tingling in my balls and I start getting horny but only very slightly. But since I’ve been stuck like this for a long time I can notice even the slightest change. Happens everytime but doesn’t last long. So I look up apples and hormones and I see that it has Calcium D Glucarate which detoxes estrogen. So this also seems to back up my theory that estrogen I stuck clogging up ARs but can’t be flushed out properly.

1 Like

@douglasmich commited suicide because of Aromatase Inhibitors. He warned us from even thinking about taking any sort of enzyme inhibitors. Plz respect his warning. Taking any sort of enzyme inhibitors anymore will never be a cure but a suicidal risk.

4 Likes

@curepfs

Yup I also tried arimidex for a week and got a complete reversal of PFS. My only success story in 4 years. Tried it again but couldn’t get the same results sadly.

The question is how do we reset our androgen receptors?

Edit: Pal, the guy who did the high dose proviron actually had the same theory as you. He down regulated androgen receptors with proviron and got better this way after 11 years.

@backfromhell @das @AaronF @anon74895881

I concur, I had a terrible reaction to it where I basically had a 2 month long panic attack and couldn’t sleep at all. I’m better now 5 months later but still my head feels very weird.

I will say though, that during this time my penis sensitivity and libido returned, but I was so messed up there was absolutely no way to enjoy it.

1 Like