I am on proviron 200mg/day for 9 days

today is 12. day. I have morning wood last 2 days. But libido 0, erections are senseless. I did not notice any atrophy. my muscles are harder. orgasms same, depression is same. What do you think ? I still need courage.

4 Likes

I think youre supposed to feel worse while on the course. Youre doing amazing.

1 Like

Why would proviron make anyone feel worse? It made me feel FANTASTIC. Maybe the bad effects come from testosterone dropping down. Why are you guys using it without a testosterone base anyway? I would think people suffering post fin sides would already be on high dosages of testosterone.

what was your dosage ?

100-150mg as it was too expensive to run more. It’s very commonly faked which is why I prefer masteron

You got morning wood because your androgens are too damn high (extremely high T/E2 ratio). This is typical outcome. That said, your estrogen effects are blocked and without them you won’t have libido. Besides, HPTA supression may have already begun leading to lower LH & FSH. My simple advice, if you hit 2 weeks mark feeling the same then start tapering the dose down to 25mg and even 12.5mg and see if you feel better in the libido/mood department. Stay safe!

i am on pal’s treatment. i will continue 200mg for 6 weeks and stop cold turkey

9 Likes

I think it is a very good sign that morning wood occured. That’s an unexpected improvement. The real improvement should, according to the theory, occur after proviron is stopped.

I wish you all the best with your attempt! Please keep us updated…

2 Likes

my pre proviron blood test released. my dht was 689 , 250-990 reference range. Did I make a mistake by starting proviron ?

Do you mean testosterone level? Testo has similar range, just confirm once

no. i had dht test

1 Like

I’m afraid that’s NOT technically correct. Extremely high androgens to estrogens ratio usually produces morning wood (same with AIs), but at the same time it kills libido, causes depression and anxiety, causes digestive problems including constipation, dehydration not to mention HPTA suppression. He may end up with more issues ultimately. He didn’t have his E2 and SHBG measured beforehand and his DHT’s at good range to begin with. Proviron at 200mg/d is overkill even during Testosterone replacement therapy. I’m talking from first hand experience. Having taken Proviron on two different occasions produced opposite outcomes for me. It was helpful when I had high E2 and even then dose was 25mg/d, occasionally 50mg/d.

I know desperate situations call for desperate measures. I hope it turns out well for him.

1 Like

There are also side effects you say without using proviron already . If I remove from proviron, my depression will not improve, libido will not improve. I already have the topics you warn on pre proviron.

2 Likes

I feel you bro. But shooting in the dark isn’t your best bet. You need to know where you stand first. Get a bloodwork for LH, T, E2, DHT, SHBG, AM Cortisol, DHEA-s, TSH, ft3, ft4.

I wasted precious years trying to treat symptoms and in the end I found that everything I initially “assumed” was wrong. It’s a slippery slope. You could save yourself the time by not repeating my mistake. I know it’s hard NOT to subscribe to the idea that simply more DHT = Improvement because finesteride inhibited 5AR in first place. This may be true to some of us but it’s not universal. There’re other factors at play. In any case, you could finish what you started and see how you feel.

2 Likes

this is my last blood test pre proviron

1 Like

Maybe this or maybe some receptors already adjusted to the higher dht status now.

Let’s see:

DHT 689.97 normal. Proviron raises DHT and Free Testosterone and blocks Estrogen.

SHBG 50 high. Are you eating enough? What’s your insulin level? Do you have diabetes?

TSH 2.42 little high, ideally it’s better closer to 1.00
No FT3 & FT4 results. Did you measure body temperature when you wake up in the morning? Are you using iodized salt for food?

Cortisol 13.6, what’s the time of test? Also can’t find lab range.

Prolactin 11.9, high normal. It lowers Dopamine and this lowers libido. It’s usually raised due to stress and/or sluggish Thyroid. Your TSH is 2.42 (not optimal) and you may be very stressed out.

Progesteron 0.506 low.

E2 18, can’t find lab range. If unit pg/ml then it’s low. Good range for most men 22-35. I get depression and low libido when level less than 19. Proviron blocks E2 further.

No free Testosterone result.

Everything else looks fine.

Good luck! If you manage to get good results please don’t forget about us and keep us updated!

this was morning test. this is also 4 months ago test:

1 Like