I am finally able to get official treatment for PSSD

First of all, thank you for allowing people who have PSSD to join and participate in this forum. It is unfortunate that not many people believe that PFS or PSSD exist. After having PSSD for over two decades, I will finally be receiving the appropriate treatment from a facility that actually believes PSSD exists, has taken the research that myself and so many others have put into it and has successfully treated individuals with PSSD. I am not sure if they have fixed PFS but that is something I should ask.

I am a difficult case as I was forced onto Prozac as a teenager which caused the initial problem and any attempt to fix any type of sexual issues was blamed on depression and I was then strung along onto around 40 different psychiatric medications total over the past 23 years. But this facility is still optimistic that they can help. It’s really the only hope I have left. I’m just counting down the days until I can get to the facility and see doctors who actually believe me about PSSD for once. I will be reporting my results here.

I strongly believe that I am the worst case of psychiatric abuse ever as the only other person I’ve known (a female) who has PSSD took around 25 psychiatric drugs. So if I can be helped in even the slightest way, I hope that I can provide a positive outlook for others suffering from either PSSD, PFS or both. Thanks for reading.

10 Likes

Best of luck. I really hope it helps and thank you for posting.

1 Like

where is this facility?

1 Like

How do they treat it?

2 Likes

You came long way brother. This is not your last battle. Go to the clinic with neutral mind. Wish you all the best…

2 Likes

Good luck brother, keep us updated.

2 Likes

Please take the survey here. By the way what will be your treatment protocol?

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies. I am not sure if I am allowed to state what the specific facility or doctor(s) are. I want to try and help and keep you updated, but at the same time I don’t want to break the rules here and I’m not sure if this facility even wants their name out there more to get overloaded. I will ask them if I can post the name here. As a side note, if you are wondering about what I mean by getting overloaded, when I tried to get off of benzos using the Ashton Method back in the mid 2000s, I was able to find only one doctor in my area who was able to do this. Then a list was compiled of “benzo wise doctors.” It spread around all of the different forums and it got to the point where the majority of the people who went to see these doctors just wanted to get prescribed Xanax, Valium, Klonopin or Ativan to abuse it. So fast forward to today and I’m not even able to see that same doctor again if I needed to come off of benzos because that doctor said he was tired of doing nothing else with his medical training besides running an addiction clinic. My ultimate goal is that if treatment for PSSD works with this facility that I will do my best to help them scale the business throughout the USA so overloading will not be a factor and more people can get treated for a whole range of sexual issues, not just PSSD and PFS. But for now, I’m just counting down the days until I can get there and see if they can help my specific, complicated case.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed. Please keep us updated.

Any updates man?

They haven’t been on the forum in over 6 months.