Hypothyroidism

Alot of people are having thyroid issues and some are even diagnossed with hypothyroidism, but there seems to be few people that take thyroid medicine. Looking at older posts, it looked like it was promissing. Is anyone on thyroid medicine at this time? I would be interested to know if you have been having improvements.

My TSH is at 1,81 but my doc did not feel it was time for meds ! On the other hand, I don’t have any typical hypothyroidism symptoms (extreme fatigue, depression, weight gain, etc.). I just suffer from sexual sides, but I know these may be caused (at least in part) by thyroid malfunction.

Any thoughts?

Do not even look at TSH.

Look at T3 and RT3. Check the ratio using this: stopthethyroidmadness.com/rt3-ratio/

If the ratio is high, then you need to clear with Cytomel (T3) only for a few weeks.

After that (or if your ratio is normal, but T3 is not mid/high) you should try NDT (Nature-Throid is the best, but Armour is decent). You have to start low and wean up on thyroid meds every 10 days. I started on 2 grains and finally settled for good at 6 grains.

Keep in mind, if you do not have healthy adrenals (almost no PFSer does) then thyroid meds will make you feel worse. You may need to take HC with them. I take 30-35mg daily. More may be needed for others.

Getting HC straightened out drastically improved my mental clarity, energy, sleep, mood, social interactions, and ability to handle stress. Going on NDT, made those improvements even better.

No improvements with sex dive and EQ, still non-responsive to androgens tho.

Thanks for your response. I will look into it.

It kills me to see so many people that improve at so many levels, but so few people are actually able to improve on sex drive. That’s basically the only thing I’m looking for, but it seems like a lost cause. Can’t accept that I’ll never be able to look forward to having sex again. What the hell did this drug fuck up ?! Life can’t go on forever like this. It’s brutal.