Hypothetical: one of the studies is successful

What happens next? Media coverage? Legally? Medically? How do Merck react?

On the basis of one of the studies finding the exact cause of post finasteride syndrome and a way to determine who is susceptible.

In a perfect world the FDA would pull Propecia off the market once PFS is confirmed to be real.

When the studies come out I think the first line of attack Merck will use is that they will say that the studies were too small to be significant.

Merck will probably release their own (much bigger) studies which claim fin is harmless.

Hopefully the size of the study will be irrelevant if the facts are powerful enough.

No one can say 2+2 isn’t 4 because it’s only one calculation :laughing:

What’s the obsession with Merck, how is this going to help us?

I don’t care about them, or Propecia, or how ever many billions they continue to make.

All I want is to become healthy again.

If I’m not interested in a topic I don’t reply. It’s valid to consider the consequences so that we can stay one step ahead. There’s not a single person on this forum whose priority isn’t getting better.

Merck is the reason we are in this situation.

But has nothing to do with how we get out of it.

As I said before, feel free to ignore a topic if it’s of no interest to you. It’s quite annoying to post pointless crap.

They (Merck) can say that by and large the side effects are uncommon, but none the less it would show that is a possibility; thus their drug is capable of causing a disease state in some people. If they were to lose a few lawsuits in the number of a few million+ awards to victims the drug would probably be pulled shortly after as was the case with accutane.

By the way, to all the nay-sayers, there were many awards with the accutane cases despite the fact that there were years ago no studies into the negative side effects of accutane (which are also similar to many of ours) most of the awards were related to accutane caused Cronhs disease, but there was no definitive scientific link there either because Cronhs can develop independent of accutane.

Now with multiple scientific efforts under way, the research and testimony of scientists and medical experts from some of the worlds top universities, combined with the severe nature in which Finasteride (Propecia) has harmed some of its victims (complete life destruction leading to severe financial/quality of life - impairment in many of our cases) it’s not unreasonable to think that there may be several sizable awards against Merck, if there are it can be expected that they will probably either black box label Propecia or otherwise substantially restrict the ease of being prescribed it or they may voluntarily pull it from the market. The FDA could also pull it from the market in the US completely, but that would take longer.

As far as our future health, hopefully the studies can find what the root causation behind the condition is; why Propecia triggers this state in our bodies, once that is done, and we know the mechanism behind it, much like an engineering problem we (scientists/researchers) will be able to develop methods of potentially reversing or repairing the effects.

Lol you are greenhorn compared to many other sufferers many suffer more than one year…

do you think anyone will believe you when no one is responsible for the crap many of us stuck for years …think about it …
we won’t get a recipe for the medication we need , or we have to pay for it …
Merck faked studies … and you want them to get away with it .

they have taken my sexuality for already 6,5 years … and for some other members even many more years .

you either don’t suffer enough or really didn’t think about the following steps .

they have to pay for our misery . you are selfish for just thinking to yourself . WE ALL WANT TO BECOME HEALTHY but they literally stole lives think about the sufferers who commited suicide . you make me really angry , but this is a typical prevailing undertone from people who live in denial by betraying themselves and another reason why the studies haven’t already been finished.

Don’t think it’s fair to say I’ve not suffered enough. I consider suicide on a fairly regular basis because of this condition.

Just think it’s a waste of time and money, which would be put to better use finding a treatment. That is the only real solution.

A payout won’t bring back your life. Neither will sanctions against Merck.

Besides which, where have they faked studies? Like it or not, we are a tiny minority of users. There would be greater resistance from non-affected users then support from those suffering to pull the drug. Maybe you can argue they should have done more intensive trials, but that is problem of the R&D industry then it is the company itself.

A lot of young and naive people here… people have died from this, their families deserve justice. Many people’s lives have been drastically altered beyond repair because of the effects of this drug such that even with a cure they will never recover from the financial hardship and family/relationship hardship Propecia has put them through.

I have lost a career that I loved, I’m on fucking disability living at home with my parents at 31, I have lost my fiancée and multiple relationships since over this shit… my fertility has been ruined, I may never even be able to have a family of my own. There is no amount of money that can bring all those things back but several million dollars would compensate me for my life being ruined and provide me with a good lifestyle even though I still may never be able to have a for-filling life sexually or mentally.

fuck merck