Hypoglycemia/ blood sugar issues?

Does anyone else have blood sugar issues/ hypoglycemia? any ideas why this maybe happening? I thing it could be because of insulin resistance so I will get tested. However I started low carb/keto diet 3 days ago and my I am getting many hypoglycemia symptoms…

I had low blood sugar when I first got PFS ten years ago

I thought hypoglycemia is low blood sugar ? Hyperglycemia is high blood sugar

With this being said wouldn’t insulin not working correctly to take the glucose out of the blood stream cause higher blood sugar ? Not low ? Am I wrong in my thinking that insulin resistance is when insulin is not doing its job by bringing blood sugar out of the blood to the organs ? I’m going off of memory and not googling so maybe I’m mistaken

1 Like

You are right hypo is low. I am also a bit confused, I thought insulin resistance could cause hypoglycemia but I am not sure now…

Anyhow, has your low blood sugar gotten better?

For the first two years the glucose in my blood tested low three different times . Doctor tested me for diabetes which came back negative . It just went away on its own . Seemed to me that my body was using more blood sugar than normal in attempt to fix the problem .

You are female with PFS? What did you take?

1 Like

thanks for the reply, I am glad your blood sugar issues improved. Yes, I am female, I have PSSD (basically the same as PFS) due to sertraline

Sorry to hear that

Dam sertraline
Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI)

Is getting PSSD common in females?

The selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors sound horrible

When I had low blood sugar I started eating 5 times daily small meals . So eat more frequently but less food each time . I can’t say that I know doing so had anything to do with my low blood sugar going back to normal but it seemed like the best way to eat with low blood sugar

I seem to have this problem as well. I cannot eat anything sweet in moderate amounts without feeling nauseous, weak, anxious, panicky, and like I’m going to faint. Also pale, and have cold hands and feet. I swear I have diabetes or insulin issues, yet I’ve been tested for diabetes in March (these symptoms started January) and it came back negative. But I think I’ll try to see my doctor next week and tell him these symptoms that are getting worse. Just today, I had a wrap, and a couple ounces of gingerale, and felt nausous 30-60 minutes after. This is not normal for me at all.