Hyperthyroidism or PFS?

Hey everyone. I have been using Finasteride 0.5 MG for 4 weeks, and experienced a panic attack 1 week after quitting. I did not experience any sexual side effects prior to the panic attack, nor any other side effect. Also important to mention, I had a bad trip with weed some weeks earlier and had a panic attack then also. My current state is depressed/anxious and experiencing ED and a rapid heart rate. All symptoms match with Hyperthyroidism.

I got to do some blood testing, and it showed that my TSH was low and T4 too high. My testosterone levels are low. However, there is no thyroid antibodies. My T3 is normal, so is my free T4.

However, the question is whether I experience Hyperthyroidism or PFS.

I have done some research and this is what I found:

''A low TSH and low FT4 indicates hypothyroidism due to a problem involving the pituitary gland.

In particular, an overactive thyroid can contribute to erectile dysfunction (ED), as well as a low sperm count. Premature balding can also be a sign of hyperthyroidism in men. Too much thyroid hormone can also cause lower levels of testosterone, which can lead to several complications.”

I have got some med for Hypothyroidism, will be on them for two weeks and get some more blood testing done to see what happens.

1 Like

Hello…
Any updates?

Hey. Read my latest post from yesterday.