Hyperbaric oxygen can induce angiogenesis and recover erectile function

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41443-018-0023-9

I’ve used hyberbaric oxygen treatment previously. The kind with a pressurised chamber and external operator, where you wear a max inhaling oxygen, sessions lasting around an hour.

It helped with brain fog and general energy levels. Don’t recall any effect on sexual function.

If you can find it at a good price, I’d take it. I need to book some sessions again.

2 Likes

Is it something that’s prescribed? What’s it typically recommended for?

In the UK you can get it without prescription. I believe it’s a regulated type of healthcare, so they ask for the reason why you want the treatment, with forms to sign. I don’t think there is a wrong answer … but I did hear about people who basically said ‘beauty treatment’, and were rejected.

The most common uses seem to be management of long-term conditions, like multiple sclerosis, accelerated healing of injuries, like bone injuries from traffic accidents, sports injuries, and children with unfortunate illnesses. Some centres only take people with specific long-term conditions.

There was some research that came out the other year, saying that the treatment has anti-aging benefits. This was covered in the mainstream media and it became harder to get appointment bookings, from the sudden interest.

2 Likes

Also used for long covid and autoimmune disorders

1 Like

Not to rain on the parade, I tried it recently, 1st session, better cognition, return of strength/presence, spontaneous erections. Lasted a few days. 2nd session crashed me, jaw ache, suicidal, weak as piss etc. So like most things this also comes with risk

4 Likes