HPA Axis Dysfunction/Adrenal Fatigue Protocol Drastically Improving My PFS Symptoms!

Hey guys. Like I said before. I think PFS is really adrenal fatigue/HPA axis dysfunction. Also, after doing more research I think PFS and PSSD are the same thing and it’s all to do with 5-HT1A desensitization and HPA axis dysfunction.

The mechanisms behind PSSD

There are many different SSRI drugs all with different effects. Some are serotonin re-uptake inhibitors, others are serotonin releasing promoters, others are serotonin receptor agonists, norepinephrine re-uptake inhibitors, or even serotonin receptor antagonists.

• Increased serotonin , even after SSRI drugs have been stopped.
    • Serotonin regulates proopiomelanocortin (POMC) neuron output and inhibits melanocortin MC4 receptors through 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C action. Melanocortin signaling is essential for sexual function. So blocking 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C can be very helpful.
    • Serotonin-enhancing agents that do not stimulate 5-HT2 and 5-HT3 receptors apparently do not cause significant sexual dysfunction (R).
  • Reduced 5-HT1A sensitivity , due to chronically elevated serotonin and 5-HT1A agonism.
    • This study shows that antagonizing 5-HT1A during SSRI treatment prevents the induction of SSRI induced sexual dysfunction. More on that in a bit.
  • Increased prolactin
    • Prolactin and serotonin correlate very well and prolactin is a major inhibitor of sexual function. Serotonin primarily increases prolactin through 5-H2C, however, that receptor can be downregulated and you can still have high serotonin and low/normal prolactin.
  • Decreased dopamine
    • Serotonin and prolactin are inhibitors of dopamine release. When dopamine levels drop, prolactin and serotonin get out of hand even more.
  • Decreased testosterone
    • Serotonin and prolactin are well-known inhibitors of testosterone synthesis.
  • Decreased oxytocin
    • 5-HT1A activation releases oxytocin, so desensitized 5-HT1A can lead to reduced oxytocin levels as well, and this can also reduce sexual pleasure.
  • Lowered nitric oxide synthase
    • Low nitric oxide production, possibly due to enhanced oxidative stress, could also contribute to ED. However, excess NO can contribute to vascular leakage.
  • Blockage of cholinergic receptors
    • Cholinergic fibers help in filling the corpus cavernosum, a requisite for erection

"Restoring 5-HT1A sensitivity

So how do we sensitize 5-HT1A? First off, excess serotonin suppresses 5-HT1A, so lowering serotonin can be helpful.

Secondly, blocking 5-HT1A has been shown to increase its levels.

There aren’t a lot of natural 5-HT1A antagonists that I know of, but one good synthetic one is cyproheptadine . So if you dose it once or for a few days, you should be able to increase 5-HT1A expression as a rebound effect. While you’re using it, you might not feel better, but then you might get this rebound effect where you feel awesome when you stop the drug. However, if excess serotonin isn’t being lowered, then 5-HT1A will be desensitized again"

I still masturbate 4 times a day, but not as often. It does affect the HPA Axis and really works for me but I don’t have the energy to do it every day and I think my new protocol is working even better.

My protocol is Curcurmin, Licorice Root in tea, Green Tea, Coconut Oil and Rhodiola Rosea capsules. I’ve been doing this work a week and I feel absolutely incredible. no more erectile dysfunction, no more penis shrinkage, hair growing back, losing weight, semen not as watery and thicker, no more suicidal ideation, feel mentally better and I feel like I have everything to live for.

With the Licorice Root. If you’re gonna use capsules don’t exceed 450 mg because this product can raise blood pressure and honestly, I don’t think you need to use Licorice Root because it can lower testosterone. We need to raise testosterone to lower serotonin but when I was researching I saw more people say they got cured from PSSD using Licorice Root more than any other product. Also, I tried it last week and it worked instantly so I’m sticking with it.

Rhodiola Rosea:
“By interacting with the HPA axis, rhodiola impacts the [adrenal glands] which secrete [cortisol (aka the stress hormone) in response to triggers. It specifically affects an enzyme called mono-amine oxidase A, which is closely associated with cortisol production”

This works just as well as Licorice Root and does the same thing but doesn’t lower testosterone.
Also, these 2 products can affect sleep and make it difficult to sleep but I think you only need to take them for 3 months or less so it’s worth it. I’d rather not be able to sleep properly than have these horrible PFS/PSSD symptoms!

Curcumin
“Curcumin significantly prevents the stress-induced decrease in 5-HT1A mRNA and BDNF protein levels in the hippocampal subfields; two molecules involved in hippocampal neurogenesis. Moreover, curcumin, via up-regulation of 5-HT1A receptors and BDNF, may reverse or protect hippocampal neurons from further damage in response to chronic stress, which may underlie the therapeutic actions of curcumin”

And I had to edit out Ashwagandha out my other post. Apparently that can cause PSSD/PFS and has the opposite effect…
“Ashwagandha reduces the sensitivity of 5-HT1A, but increases the sensitivity of the 5-HT2 receptors Blocking the 5-HT2 receptors are recommended for PSSD”
STAY AWAY FROM ASHWAGADHA!!!

Coconut Oil and Green Tea are also great for HPA Axis Dysfunction, so that’s my protocol and it’s working wonders!

I’m done researching about this too because I really believe I found the cause of this disease and I feel amazing,

Also, it can take 3 months to cure HPA Axis Dysfunction, so stick with it and be patient!!! I feel absolutely incredible and better than I have in years and I really hope this protocol works for you guys like it has for me!! God is good! Allahu Akbar!

4 Likes

Curcumin is a powerful inhibitor of 5 alpha reductase… coconut oil also…
Some news from your protocol?

Man you are loading yourself with AA substances.

Be careful.

The improvements from licorice root alone have been extremely restorative for me so far after only 2 days. Just like OP said, 450mg of the normal (non dgl) one really helps with my symptoms. I feel a lot more social and my heart/breathing are effortless and smooth now. I also feel more motivated and the anhedonia is subsiding so I can feel reward from things again. It’s just the sexual sides that are lingering, but hopefully not for long. I’m only planning to use the licorice for 3 months max.

I take 200mg caffeine and 5000 ius vitamin D3 every morning and magnesium plus melatonin every evening. Those had nothing to do with my improvements though.

I think my testosterone was too high actually and my body doesn’t like being in such a high test environment with screwed up/desensitized/insensitive ARs in the PFS state. Possibly, in my case of PFS, because licorice lowers test, there is less around to activate the dysfunctional receptors and bring about the strong symptoms. As for the lethargy/anhedonia/memory issues/social withdrawal, I think the cortisol bump from the licorice root actually helps normalize it to what it was before PFS/fin ameliorating the symptoms.

Recovery log so far (~2 months from quitting after using fin for 3 months, updated every few days):

Also, if not already made clear, I don’t use any of the other supplements mentioned by the op and actively avoid natural 5ARIs just to be safe, plus I’ve had negative reactions to rhodiola in the past before using fin so I don’t want to take any chances with it in the PFS state. Licorice root alone has been more than helpful.

Is Mirtazapine not a 5-Ht1 agonist???

It is, but not a very strong one.

Read under pharmacology on wikipedia.

what do you guys think about low dose paroxetine like 5 mg or less . does it worth the risk

N O
N E V E R
T O U C H
T H I S
S H I T

T
R
U
S
T

M
E

PLEASE<

licorice wasn’t sustainable for me unfortunately. The chronic cortisol bump wasn’t worth it. waking at 6:30 daily and waiting 1-2 hours to take caffeine seems to have helped more in restoring my normal cortisol response. cognitively, waiting 3-4 months after quitting, taking AlloP 1mg orally, and 1 capsule of vemoherb tribulus has 100% restored my cognition to it’s pre-Fin state and then some.

What is alloP?

Allopregnanalone, one of the neurosteroids that 5AR makes which may be reduced in PFS.

Wrote about my use of it for PFS 3 months after quitting here:

How are you doing now, any improvements especially with ED?

@pcbh167 hey man, updates?