How's your joint strength?

Just thought I’d ask a few people how their general joint strength is? i was using one of those Dyson like hoover/vacume cleaner’s earlier and I found it quite hard to keep it lifted upright for a few minutes at a time, my wrists are very weak along with my overall strength. Feels like there’s a lot of pressure on my finger joint’s and wrists, i remember it also felt like my bones where going to snap doing push-ups too, a lot of pressure on the brones, just feels like they’re very much lacking support but didn’t realize it was as bad as it was, obviously I can push through a bit of pain but at 20 you shouldn’t really be complaining about holding a hoover lol, it ain’t heavy at all but it feels heavy to me now, like superman injected with kryptonite :blush: anyone have anything that helped their overall strength if they did or are suffering with this?

Apologies for being facetious here and for the following bad joke, but you kind of presented it to me yourself, on a Dyson shaped plate…

It ain’t heavy, It’s my Hoover.

…I’ll get my coat.

And cue the tumbleweed

3 Likes

i don’t understand…

me, anyway. i got the same.

1 Like

If the alternative slang definition I found of hoover is what i think it is :joy: i see why that’s funny lol

Yes it’s horrible the weakness, curious to see if anyone else is experiencing these issues, I know of a user called Konflict who’s joint’s went extremely bad, judging his older posts, they lost all strength and became flexible like his body was eating away at itself, he’s the worst case I’ve read with PFS in my opinion but interestingly he has the exact same skin elasticity, stretchyness as me, almost like the skins falling off the bone is the best way to describe it.

I certainly hope he’s doing better or at the least still alive, i couldn’t get in contact with him by email or any of his usernames on any forum when i initially crashed, lets hope he’s well but he didn’t seem in very good condition in his last posts on other forums and said he didn’t think he’d be alive in a few months if his body deteriorated any more :cry:

If anyone knows if he’s ok or if he is reading this, I’d really appreciate if you could reply to let us know your ok.

i didn’t know about this guy, i’m sorry… how are your buttocks?

looking at our symptoms i think that what happens to our skin is due to an autoimmune disorder. usually, in non pfs people, lipoatrophy is autoimmune. i’ll see an immunologist.
i understand this guy, sometimes i feel the same and i’m scared, cause i start thinking to take my own life.
what about depressed guy? is he… gone?
going back to the joints, could it be something like arthritis?

Yes, I have encountered joint issues since quitting finasteride. I have knee issues, particularly my left one, when cycling. It seems to happen after cycling for some period of time, say 20 minutes or more. It happens when the resistance is fairly high, say if I’m on a trail or something, and it’s the downward motion that sets it off. It’s the most painful thing I’ve ever experienced. I saw a doctor about it and he guessed that I’m missing a bit of cartilage, but nothing showed up on the x-ray. It’s really bizarre because I’ve never in my life had any sort of joint issues. I’m also fairly young at 24, so for this to be happening after having quit fin is no coincidence, in my opinion. Apparently if your hormones are off it can break down the bone (allopregnanolone or something?).

1 Like

I took accutane and I’m fairly sure my joints paid the toll. When I was on the treatment I had knee joint pain. And now, at least 6 years after I cant run or play sports for long before my knees and my ankle joints hurt.

1 Like

my joints got smacked pretty hard… Even walking now hurts

1 Like

I think that I may have inadvertently caused confusion for @Go_Faster_Sonic and led you down a Google rabbit hole towards household appliance slang which I’ll now have to venture down myself.

After reading your initial post it sounded like a riff on the song “He Ain’t Heavy,He’s My Brother”

I believe that i probably should cancel my trial at the comedy open mic night.

This is probably a nice song however for all of us here:

You could do it so the audience appreciates the other performers more. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I get a lot of joint clicking when i walk. Also my grip strength is terrible.

1 Like

I’ve heard about some people experiencing osteoporosis with PFS so that could be a factor but if it is it’d be diagnosable, hopefully bones regain strength after the issues fixed but yes it seems like many of us have joint issues and it’s no coincidence looking at how young most of us are. Even if your older, you shouldn’t be getting issue’s like this unless you have some kind of condition and even then medication would probably help that, but nothing really helps.

Yeah when i grip something my fingers crack sometimes, they always feel slow as if it’s a synthetic hand that my bodys learning how to use, doesn’t feel right. I guess my motor skills in general feel reduced, i don’t feel as precise or fast as i used to, I much slower in general.

1 Like

Is it worth supplementing calcium or eating more calcium rich foods?

DHT puts calcium in the bone, so id say its a 5ar issue/DHT levels issue. At 3-4 months after crash I had excruciating bone pain like it was being remodeled, i can safely say my bone structure is much smaller now especially my shoulders

1 Like

Interesting, yes i feel like my bones are lacking something because they hurt and are tender, hopefully eventually they’ll go back to my 20 year old self but for now I’m like an old man.

1 Like

Konflict is dead. I have the same.