How to treat depression & suicidal thoughts?

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)? South korea

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?) google

What is your current age, height, weight? 25, 183cm, 76kg.

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)? finasteride.

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 1mg/day, 0.5mg/day. not every day.

What condition was being treated with the drug?

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)? 8 months

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug? 24

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit? 24

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
cold turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects? first week

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[*] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x ] Erectile Dysfunction
[*] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[x] Reduced Ejaculate
[x] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ x] Confusion
[x ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ x] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[x ] Slurring of Speech
[ x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ x] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[x ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ x] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ x] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ x] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ x] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ x] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ x] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Hello, I’m from south korea.
My last pill was 10month ago, but side effects exists until today…

every morning, i wake up with very severe anxiety & suicidal thoughts.

After tons of researching, this mental & cognitive symptom is due to lack of allopregnanolone.

But current time, there is no ways to raise allopregnanolone.

i know allopregnanolone pill will be published in 2 or 3 years.
but this time I want to treat my depression & suicidal thoughts.

I can’t do anything because of these symptoms.
especially depression & suicidal thoughts.(every day, every time)

Please let me know how can i treat these mental disorder. I’m considering whatever.(AD, supplemnets etc.)

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. Can you tell us a bit more about you? What other vitamins, herbs, supplements have you used in the past? How exactly did you dose your finasteride?

What makes you think its due to low allopregnenolone?

multivitamins, vitamin D 2000iu, probiotics, krill omega3.

first 2 month, 1mg finsteride per day.
and I feel side effects. then 0.5mg per day for 6 month.
But i forgot eat the drugs daily. these mean eating intermittent. one day eat, another day forgot.
and midterm, have a break for 3 weeks!

poor english sorry.

i read many studies about allo. italian study said PFS suffers have low allopregnanolone. I just read. so I think these mental and cognitive issue is due to allo!

I have always said that the qorst thibg ypu can do is to take this kind of drugs intermitently…it makes more likely to suffer PFS

Try vortioxetine. It works very well.

hi man,
i know this situation and how it sucks. to me vit D also is very important. but it was best when getting it from real sunlight. also what improves the mood if your stuck ,desperate and suicidal is nofap. it increases dopamine. if your strong, then try cold shower/baths in the morning

you resolve your mental problem with vortioxetine?

Yeah man. Vortioxetine fixed almost all my mental sides.
In my case I need only few oral drops to treat my symptoms.
My real troubles are the physical sides due to saw palmetto and finasteride. I have developed a ridiculous body shape. :weary:

oh…you are very different type compare to me.
My main issue is mental & fatigue & cognitive issue.
My body has a same shape.
consider vortixetine for my mental symptoms.
Thank you.

1 Like

Hi KoreanGuy,
You might also want to try low dose naltrexone (1.5-4.5 mg). It helps me with cognitive issues.

low does naltrexone? ok I will consider it.

Are you eating three times a day?

More than three times a day.

Really? I would be looking like a whale if I did so though I am 1.95m. I had no chance. I would feel horrible.
So, I can tell you that this would be even bad not having pfs. It seems that some guys on pfs got sugar metabolism problems, some even diabetes. But when it comes too testing blood sugar level, they even have normal or even lowerish levels. Crazy.

So, I had the same problem. My exp.: intermittent fasting is best (eating only dinner). Doing it 1-2 x a week, then eating 2-3 x a day afterwords for 1-2 days. Do it a bit irregular during the week. One water fasting for 4 days a month is helpful.

Yeah. I developed a huge pot belly (94cm circumference). I think it’s related to glucose metabolism.
Water fasting is a good thing.
Last year I did a 36 hours water fasting and I had an amazing mental clarity and energy.

94cm is nice, but I had unfort.more. :):woozy_face:

If water fasting was that good (same exp.here), you could try the way I mentioned. I guess you won’t change your body constitution while being on torta della nonna or gnocchi al gorgonzola or pizza mille stagioni :slight_smile: The great thing is that if you eat only onceca day you can really carboload. And eat normally for 2-3 days and restart. You will have several benefits.

I wish you best luck whatever you do.

1 Like

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
You have forgotten SPAGHETTI.

2 Likes