How to reverse the effects of finasteride taken for 5 days.

Hello everyone,
I’m Arnab,
26 Y.O. Man from India.

Recently my dermatologist prescribed me oral finasteride 1mg daily.
I took it for 5 days and I was still going to continue the treatment.
But somehow I stumbled upon this forum and I’m so grateful that it happened.

After reading how finasteride ruined people’s lives I did not give a second thought and throwed the remaining pills in trash.

Now my concern is…
As I took finasteride for 5 days,1mg daily. I want to know will it do harm to my body?
And if so, how to reverse the effect or minimize the effects it will do to my body.

Thank you in advance.

Hey Arnab,

Thanks for reaching out. It’s a good thing that you quit the drug.

I think that you should not worry about it.
If you have not experienced any symptoms yet then it’s probably all right. Obsessing over it too much will probably not help. Just try not to think about it and focus your attention on other things.

There is no reason to assume that you’re definitely going to get symptoms, for as far as we know PFS does not happen to everyone who ever took finasteride. In fact, it’s probably quite rare.

Sadly, we wouldn’t know. We don’t have a first-line treatment. If it happens, just don’t touch the drug ever again, eat healthy, exercise when you can and just take good care of yourself in general. For most people who experience adverse effects, those will eventually wane off after quitting.

As long as nothing bad has happened yet I wouldn’t worry about it. Even if you experience any symptoms in the coming days it should probably go away after a couple of weeks or months as long as you don’t touch the drug again.

So don’t worry too much about it!

2 Likes