How to realistically ween / taper off Finasteride?

Hi all

I’ve been on 1.00 and later 1.25 mg Finasteride daily for about 15-18 years now (I’m 44 years old) and I added Dustaride (once a week ) to the mix, about a year ago.

I now want to stop taking both because I’m often passing blood when I go to the toilet!

It started very sporadically some 10 years and I thought it was haemorrhoids/piles or whatever, but it has become an almost daily occurrence.

I’m not saying the problem is caused/made worse by Finasteride / Dustaride, but I just want to rule it out.

I have not been to see a doctor yet, but I will if it continues over the next few months.

What would be a realistic way of reducing my intake in order to avoid PFS? I read about reducing it by 10% per week but that involves all sorts of things like slicing up a pill into 8 parts (I can’t see how to do that…), etc.

What about the Dustaride? It’s a gel-like capsule…should I split it or perhaps take it in 2 weeks and then 4 weeks periods (instead of once a week).

Is there a detailed schedule published somewhere that also explains HOW to reduce the amount taken? I read that one should check the forum’s FAQ section, but I can’t see anything that looks like what I’m looking for.

Many thanks

Tapering Finasteride,

This isn’t about tapering off but it wouldn’t do you any harm to both work on a plan to come off the drugs and also make an appointment with a doctor just to keep yourself safe so as other possible causes can be ruled out at the same time. In the unlikely event that it was something of concern a timely proactive approach is probably best.