How to raise dht if 5-alpha-reductase is not working?

3,5x per week 50mg.

This summer I will lower it (probably to 3,5x25mg). But right now I would like to keep my dht relatively high because I recently had prp’s and shockwaves and maybe these are more effective if the penis has more dht. (Even though Sibelio warns the correlation between serum and tissue dht is low, I guess there is still some correlation.)

Its just a guess but I dont think these few months are harmfull; also dr advised 3x50mg.

That’s certainly a high dose. I would recommended you visit some bodybuilding sites if you dont take my word for it.

No wonder your estrogen is all over the place dude.

My DHT came in at

So if the blood test is this bad I can only assume the tissue levels are even lower.
I mean it’s not necessarily terrible, fairly close to mid-range, but I assume this is like Testosterone where you want to be closer to the top end of the range rather than mid or below it.

I started down the TRT route to try and smash through my persistent brain-fog via but haven’t made a single dent in my “baseline” to speak of. Heavy weight training pokes holes in it but it is short-lived. However, TRT has greatly improved fatigue, lethargy, muscle/ joint pain/ weakness, libido, I’ve experienced incredible lean muscle gains plus fat loss (body recomp)–I’m sitting at around 10% BF. I have no estrogenic effects to speak of and zero hair loss. I recently saw a spike in acne around my delts but that has nearly all dissapeared.

3 Likes

Gabe, how’s the TRT working for you? Are you still getting benefits from it? Amy side effects?

You have any idea what will happen if i take DHEA while taking Proviron 25mg ?

1 Like

@Cooper. Did you ever try this combo?

No, and it’s a bad idea.

1 Like

Can someone open @Sibelio’s ban please? Why is he even banned? He was a kind and a helping person. We need to get him back. He was on to something.

This user serially breached a number of forum rules and was warned tiresomely before eventually being banned. It wasn’t a hasty decision but one which was a long time in the making. If we uplift bans of users who repeatedly disregard forum rules then we ourselves show a clear disrespect for the standards, thus compromising their validity. An online forum can’t be run with such a lack of structure.

3 Likes

What rules did he break?

Persistently made unfounded declarative statements and repeatedly abused staff members, amongst other things.

I never recall him doing that.

He raised a critical point that was never properly addressed by mods - there has never been any localised testing of 5-ar activity or DHT in specific tissue. This matters. All established and referred to values have been in serum. He was advocating for such a focus which I feel was at least part of the reason he was banned.

That’s because posts are frequently edited or removed before they even reach the forum, as was the case for some of Sibelio’s posts. I didn’t realise quite how many posts featuring abuse, erroneous claims about our condition, instructive urging to self-medicate and so on are made on this platform until I became a moderator. When browsing the forum as a regular user, for the most part, you just don’t see it.

Certainly not. He was abusive about staff in a PM, unsolicited, to a moderator. Additionally, he frequently broke forum terms of use despite being aware of those terms and being repeatedly reminded of them. He’d received many warnings from various moderators over time.

Regardless, this thread is not the place for discussion of site policy and further posts regarding this will be removed, as per the rules on site feed back

If your concern regards site policy or a moderation decision, please send a private message to one of the moderators to discuss this further. Disagreements with moderation policy and decisions should not be aired on the forum and will be removed.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t dare.

Apologies for the lag in response. I haven’t been on these boards in a while. I’m still unable to break through the persistent brain fog. It’s everpresent. TRT thus far has done nothing to help with it. About two months ago my libido just caved. Zero-interest in sex and ED bubbled to the surface. It’s become a chore to get an erection and maintain it. I’ve used Tadalafil “as needed” and that seems to help tremendously. My doctor recommended I up my T dosage to combat the brainfog and potentially help with libido. I’m now applying four clicks 1ml (.25 ml per click) to my scrotum every day. No change in libido/brainfog so far. I’ve only been administering the higher dosage for about 5 weeks now so I’m giving it more time to hit a new baseline. As far as gains in the gym. I’m hovering around 12-14% BF and making crazy strength and muscle gains consistently (bulking up atm). Again a benefit from TRT but I’d give that all up to get rid othis brainfog.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional details on the TRT. I do hope the adjustments in dosage works. Is your doctor supplementing the TRT with anything?

Nothing at the moment other than I take DHEA (25 mg) in the evening. Feel free to DM me for additional details/advice, happy to help. Your tag is NewYorker if you’re from NY and are still there, I’m just as nuts as I’m still out on Eastern LI :wink:

1 Like

Was sibelio making up DHT treatment?

Cyclosporine helped you?