How to deal with severe depression?

It’s been four months now, and since the second unexplained and severe collapse last week, severe depression and anxiety have once again swept through me. Unlike my previous lack of pleasure, I couldn’t stop the thought of suicide, muscle twitching came back, I could fall asleep, but waking up was a complete nightmare. It’s been a week now and nothing has changed. By the way, I used to deal with mental exercise to make the situation worse now. I can sleep hard, but if I exercise to a certain extent, sleep is impossible, and playing games is the same. I can’t tolerate any stimulation. These are all my previous plans to deal with PFS
At present, I am in a very bad state, basically a 24/7 PFS hell, I have lost all my appetite. Not eating for a day makes no difference to me except for energy,which is only about setting aside all sexual aspects (in fact, they have not become worse), but in this situation, I am willing to exchange my cock for a brain, otherwise suicide will no longer be a threat
Is there anything I can deal with? I’m considering low-dose Prozac, St. John’s wort, or trying some successful antidepressants that people on forums have tried? Like bupropion?

2 Likes

Sorry you’re going through this level of suffering. Don’t fall into the desperation trap of trying prozac or st John’s wort at best you’ll get a brief reprieve, with the likelihood of a further worsening. Many don’t believe things can get worse than their current situation but believe me they can, I’ve seen it many times.

My advice would be to keep going, avoiding all stress, playing it safe, eating what u can tolerate, avoiding processed shit and sugar, try to do things that are calming. I appreciate once enjoyable things can start to aggravate pfs too, thus has happened to me too, even mindfulness tilts me.

I’m talking from experience I’ve come back to a degree from some horrific crashes the worst 1 in 2022. Believe me I know when I say u will improve. The last 1 took over a year but its worth it I’d rather be here in hell knowing I have some hope then being gone missing out on the chance of getting my life back one day.

Believe it will happen. Because it will one day.

8 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion. I have been living in regret and despair these past few days. Due to PFS, I have lost most of my cognitive abilities. I feel like I have become stupid, followed by a lack of pleasure. I can still feel weak emotions, but my sexual desire and function have decreased significantly compared to before. At this baseline, I can still live on my own, but now due to unexplained stomach drugs/probiotics/anesthetics? I have entered a very bad situation, and I don’t understand why I suffer from such torture. Before that, I could feel that I was making slow progress. I need to go to interviews, study, and find a job. But in the current situation, it is too difficult. I may lose my college degree, or even become an unemployed vagrant,Plus all this PFS shit, suicide is no longer a threat

1 Like

Hang in there man, brighter days lie ahead. Think about today, try not to worry about tomorrow its a feeder and will aggravate things further. U will get back to your old baseline. I’m sorry this has happened to you at your age. All I can do is offer up words and my years of experience. God bless you

Tramadol knocks down the thoughts of suicide for me…I been taking 1 a day for years and 2 a day since I lost my job in February…If I miss a dose the mental sides comeback very strong

I remember you got a lot of mental relief from baking soda?

Be mindful everything could be a landmine don’t let your current state dictate your actions.

1 Like

But I haven’t had a life of my own for four months, I did get some reprieve in those four months, but it’s definitely nowhere near what it was before, I mean I can’t live, I don’t have my family around me, I’m out there alone Going to school, no one understands my situation, now I am like a zombie and it takes me three hours to get up, then I have no purpose in life, I cannot study, concentrate for more than 10 minutes, I also lose it when I play games Happy, when I work out, I don’t feel the endorphins, the nights sleep afterwards are horrible, all in all I lose all meaning in life, especially when exercise, games, books, the things that once defined me no longer work , I was a fucking zombie

1 Like

As for the diet you mentioned, I have no appetite to eat anything at all now, I mean I have lost my basic appetite. . . Even if I had it, I wouldn’t be able to cook alone at school and would have to eat the meals provided by the school.

2 Likes

Many, lose appetite, me included I dont feel hunger or satisfied/full.

Can you not prepare and take it to school. It sounds extremely difficult especually trying to be around others who don’t have any conception of what’s going on as a result you withdraw further and find people overwhelming. Try to hang on to the hope that this state will not be permanent, stand tall fake it, or pretend your acting. I used too, still do I did it in the workplace for 19 years while sometimes it felt like I’d been hit by a truck. U can do this the pfs mindset will do everything to convince u otherwise. Fuck the mindset

I’m so sorry for your crash. I had been thinking about you after your initial posts and was hoping against this outcome.

As Lazarus has already said, you will very likely improve. Many others, including myself have been in your situation. I think Lazarus’s advice is sound. Don’t let your current situation dictate decisions, especially ones that can make you worse. With PFS there is always a worse. Your situation is temporary and I know it seems unbearable. Progress will be slow, but your situation will improve.

My depression and suicidal thoughts were so intrusive that for quite a while I resorted to shaking my head constantly, and somewhat violently, throughout the day. I found when doing this I could not focus on the awful thoughts. Definitely not healthy, and I do not recommend it, but it was something that got me through the worst.

I focused purely on exercise and being outside at the start, mostly away from people. I then slowly moved towards games once I could, even though I could not enjoy them. I focused on linear games with clear objectives. Nothing too intense, my first game was Final Fantasy VII as an example. More of a distraction than anything at the time. Establish a routine, you need to know what you’re going to do every minute of every day. Don’t focus on anything else, except “in 30 minutes I’m going to eat. In 1 hour I’m going to go for a walk. 1 hour I will lay down. Etc.”. If you can’t strenuously exercise, maybe try walks and go up from there?

1 Like

Thank you everyone, although I still feel uncomfortable, the suicidal thoughts have gone away and I will fight them as best I can

2 Likes

Sadly, I think the best things you can do are often the most generic recommendations.

Go for a walk, especially in nature, try to find positives, be kind to yourself, etc.

The worst thing you can do is focus on the most negative parts of your situation.

2 Likes