How quickly do you experience a negative reaction?

If you feel that your condition worsens due to exposure to substances/foods/exercise how quickly does it affect you?

I had quite a good amount of time feeling mostly normal recently but everything has got worse today, this is reflected in all my symptoms.

I’m wondering how far back I might have to go to find the offending triggers - assuming such a thing exists.

If I’m feeling ok sometime soon, I might try and recreate the events of the past few days and see if I see a correlation.

To sum this up, if you are aware of being negatively affected by something, how long does it take from exposure to symptom? I’d like as many people as possible to respond, please.

I lifted weights a few weeks ago and felt worse a few hours later, and it got worse the following day. Was in a bad state for a couple of days, somewhere in the region of a week, bit longer.

1 Like

After I have sex seems like it takes me furthur down symptoms wise.

1 Like

With food and supplements it can range from between hours and a few days., However if it’s something that I develop resistance too eg eating something daily it can take a week or so until my PFS bounces it via a crash! The earlier the symptoms the lesser of a reaction. If it’s a build up over time it can be a bitch to shift often recognise these ones via displaying all of the symptoms. Hope this helps mate

3 Likes

@borax, I’m wondering if I had that. I’m hoping I return to baseline soon and will try exercising again to see if I can pinpoint that as the cause.

Thanks for replying @Helpisontheway, I’m pleased to hear from you. I hope you’re feeling better at the moment. Do you find that the effect is felt immediately after? Same day? Further down the line?

@LazarusRy that sounds bloody annoying, it must be really hard to work out what’s caused the problem. If the reaction takes a while to build up, can you then use whatever it is for a limited amount of time? As in, if you crash after 3 days of a supplement, can you use it for 2 days without a problem?

1 Like

Greek, I believe if I had ate foods and took supps less regularly, for instance every other day or spaced them out even further I wouldn’t have had the amount of crashes or fall out, variety is key in my opinion and probably lessens the resistance we develop. If something worked for me it became a daily routine which is big mistake. This has happened many times. Dark chocolate, turkey, garlic, the list goes on!

2 Likes

My experience is hours to maybe 2-3 days. However, I also have the impression that a strong downturn seems to potentiate itself. Triggers for me can be too much exercise, anti-androgenic foods and orgasm.

1 Like

2-3 days has been my experience too. I’ve had a few serious downturns and they’ve all been mostly permanent.

One exception to the 2-3 day rule - the loss of libido I got from taking thyroid meds took a few months to manifest.

Sorry to hear that. Can you say what happened?

@Greek
I tried a diet that consisted of a kind of homebrew Soylent. This took my libido from a low level that had already been reduced by thyroid meds to almost zero. (2014)

Progesterone gave me some emotions back, but they were all the negative emotions, so depression became an issue after that. (2015)

Maca root gave me more penile shrinkage and weaker erections, which has continued four months later. (2019)

Each of these symptoms took about 2-4 days to manifest.

Have you gotten better in any regard or only worse?

@Mcbbould Yes, cognition and brain fog is a lot better, same with anxiety. Mind-penis connection is better too. I also feel like I have more energy and stamina, both mentally and physically.

1 Like

Interestingly, over the past few days I’ve come down with some kind of virus causing a mild fever. I feel an increase in mental clarity and libido oddly enough. I know other guys have also noticed a correlation between getting ill and some kind of recovery. I’m not sure we can say that this means that PFS is directly related to the immune system, as there are so many other parameters which change when one is unwell and we should avoid focusing exclusively on the immune response.

Yes, that’s definitely been a pattern for me too.

serotonergic antidepressants exaggerate all symptoms including 5-htp. Niacin and methylfolate eases symptoms. My symptoms will go better if i masturbate a lot but the problem is i did not want to do it when i was hit by a crash.
Now i think low estrogen makes me much better all pfs almost dissolves when i kill estrogen with medication.