How PFS feels... An analogy

Having PFS feels for me like innocently being sent to prison.
There is no participating anymore in the joyfull activities of the outer world. It is a boring, dull and lonely place.
Most longtime friends stopped visiting me here, because i am no part of their way of life anymore.
Only “worthwile” activity to do here is strength training, that I have given the right to do a couple of months ago (due to pfs getting in a stage for me, where this is possible).
Hope is, that a lawyer (science) finds a way to get me out here. Other than that I need to find a way to make a prison break (recovering) what is very hard, because it is one of the securest prisons in the world. But there a storys about some guys who managed to get out of that prison (some of them came back).

This post serves no purpose other than getting my thoughts out.

12 Likes

The prison metaphor seems very apt. I’ve thought about it myself.

1 Like

Well said very much mirrored

1 Like

Prison yes, but not just any prison - solitary confinement with sensory deprivation.

4 Likes

Interesting analogy, not one I’d considered before but it fits.

I’ve noticed quite a few people describe feeling like they are dead, or a ghost, which maybe comes from a similar place, that eerie feeling of still existing in the world but not being able to fully participate in it.

I think it’s really good to get these thoughts out, anyway. Helps keep you sane, especially given how hard it can be to talk about this stuff with people in your day-to-day life.

3 Likes

Having said that, I also think it’s important to remember that an analogy is just that, an analogy. It can be a powerful way to express how you feel but at the end of the day it’s a tool, not the literal truth, not something we need to be enslaved to. Just so we keep open the possibility there might be other ways forward besides the metaphorical lawyer or prison break, and don’t lose hope thinking that’s all we have… maybe it seems redundant of me to even be saying this, but I need to remind myself of it sometimes.

2 Likes

Prison is a happier place than this. Like Disneyland.

Actually, having PFS is not unlike being in Disneyland. It’s a sexless universe full of disappointing rides, you feel sick from stuffing your face with toxic crap, and you want to leave.

2 Likes

Good stuff!

It’s like hanging out in gitmo or Abu Ghraib with the CIA.

Name it hell, azkaban, homdai curse and God knows what. I don’t think it will help you guys, in the long run convincing yourselves that it’s that bad could affect negatively your will to live so be careful.