How long till a "natural recovery" is no longer possible?

Ive been dealing with this for just over 8 months now. Some of my symptoms have gotten better but some have gotten worse. Is there a real time period where doing nothing is just flat out not going to work? The sups I have tried and work well are: CBD, mirtazapine, and magnesium. I am not sure if at this point waiting is the best option or if I will just prolong my suffering by not trying something.

It’s a tough decision. I quit finasteride in January of 2009 and still have symptoms 13 some odd years later. And I still feel like trying to experiment because sitting on my ass without doing anything and watching my life go by is such torture. This forum isn’t what it was when I first got sick and it seems like the general direction of the forum is now to spend the money funding research instead of buying supplements.

People ask me how I survived so long and, as one of this forum’s oldest members, I can tell you what worked for me to stay alive. I work my ass off for insane hours at my job to keep my mind off things. When I’m not busting my ass at work I am trying to do everything a normal person does even if I am in a zombie state. That’s what works for me

3 Likes

Generally speaking, most improvements seem to occur between 9 - 18 months.

1 Like