How Important is it To Avoid Topical Minoxidil

I personally can’t grow a beard at all. If I were you I’d be grateful for what you have and forget about the minoxidil. As we’ve all learned, the potential risks are more significant than that which you are trying to fix.

2 Likes

@Jim57 I’ve been having an increase in negative symptoms after stopping Saw Palmetto about 2 months ago. I’ve continued taking Minoxidil since I thought it was fine after reading that it shouldn’t block DHT. However, I’ve done some more reading and have learned that it likely has an anti-androgenic effect, and so I’ve decided that I will stop taking it as well. I was going to stop cold turkey, but was also contemplating if I should wean off. Where did you get that time span and those percentages?

“Minoxidil is poison. Don’t quit quickly, it is dangerous. I would quit slowly. Would do it in 2-3 months. I would reduce it about 25-30% for the next 4 weeks, than reduce again 25-30% for another 4 weeks, and again and than quit and never touch any shit! No finasterid, no minoxidil ect.”