How important are windows?

Hi guys,

Hope you’re all doing well! I’ve been on here briefly before.

How important are windows in regards to future recoveries? I am 27, female, have PSSD for 6 years (quit my meds in 2014 and haven’t been on anything since), and never had a window of arousal. Basically, my libido is at a constant 0. I have pretty rough constant anhedonia too.

So, I’ve been to a doctors lately and I’m going to look into psychotherapy and drugs to take (staying away from SSRIs) as time clearly isn’t doing anything to help me and I cant go on like this anymore so despite my fear of drugs/meds, I’m taking the leap.

Now, since I waited so long to act (I foolishly listened to people on SurvivingAntidepressants who said that time would heal it lol), is there still hope for my recovery? Again, I have had no windows, no libido since 2014.

Anyone, anywhere who has heard of a long time case not having windows for many years but having one one day? It’s bad enough having PSSD, but being an outcast in the PSSD community is worse.

Thank you to anyone who reads this, I appreciate your time

1 Like

well if PSSD is anything like PFS which we there is a high speculation of then it depends on the individuals

some people recover within time, but many of us dont. this is likely because of the hypothesized dna methylation that occurs when taking these drugs in predisposed people.

if we can prove that PFS, PSSD, and PAS are all linked, we can access more funding easier and figure out how to get out of this place.

fortunately, you can take a part in our group projects (survey, and 23&me DNA project) to help contribute towards getting funding and research.

additionally, if you have contacts that would be interested in funding, that would help too.

1 Like