How fast did you get your symptoms and how that affects recovery

Hi all,

I have a question in my mind. as I am reading through this blog, I can see people developed symptoms not in similar ways. for example me, first day after having the pill (.25 generic finasteride) I was fine. second day, it was the first time in my life I had no morning wood and couldnt get hard at all.

I know others got the symptoms after long time of having the drug, other after stopping.

the funny thing my urologist told me finasteride needs from 2 weeks to 3 weeks to start working, not sure you could be affected that badly from second dose.

my question, are the symptoms and the recovery attempts are different depends on when you developed sides?

Immediately.
Doctors are 3rd rate google search engines. They’ll spit out common symptoms you can google yourself, but they have no idea about more complex cases. I wouldn’t pin your hopes on them.

After a few days. My side effects while on the drug were watery semen and perineum soreness. Those went away after lowering the dose schedule to every other day, but once I stopped, more severe symptoms appeared about 6 days after cessation.

my question, are the symptoms and the recovery attempts are different depends on when you developed sides?

Yes and no. How and when you developed the side effects, especially after a small dose in a matter of days, tells you how well your body has metabolized the pill. Most people can metabolize Finasteride pretty well, while a small percentage has problems in this department, leading to a whole slew of distinct side effects. With that said, your body is unique and it’s hard to accurately pinpoint your recovery timeframe and overall condition afterwards. I’m not a scientist nor a doctor, so these are just my two cents.

For anyone reading this, I would quit the drug right away if you get these side effects after such a small dose; it’s probably not worth risking your health for long-term use if these problems present themselves drastically.

Some among those who are severely affected developed their symptoms after few doses (<5).